Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I fished some private property in the lake Saturday and Sunday morning before the heat. We caught 1 on a spoon(first cast of the day Saturday, first time that's ever happened to me) and 5 on jig-n-maggots(all on black w/black head)...the water was the clearest I have ever seen it in our spot, you could see the ripples in the sand on the bottom in 5' of water. We also missed a couple, and saw a handful rolling. Saturday was much more productive than today in the lake. The coolest part of the weekend was when we caught one on a minnow. We saw a lot of minnows on the top of the water, probably being chased. We didn't have minnows, so I put part of a maggot on a #12 hook, tied it to 6' of line, and caught our bait. Desperate times call for desparate measures. We caught a half dozen minnows, and went 1 for 2 on our hand caught bait! We capped off the weekend tonight bouncing some eggs on the bottom in the dark(in the Grand River) and each caught a hen. Nothing spectacular in the way of size, I think the biggest one we got this weekend was 26", but for 80 degree weather, it was an enjoyable weekend getting some chrome. I hope this is a sign of good things to come.......

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, Phil...Hit that spot Thursday on the way home from work last week and got a nice one. So far we have had a productive few weeks, I hope it keeps up...I enjoy this type of fishing in bigger water. The fish out of the lake are a blast to catch. See you out on the Chagrin(next time the Grand blows out for 2 weeks).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts