Good week on CJ

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BUSTABB, Apr 12, 2008.

1. BUSTABB

BUSTABB member

:) water temp this week ranged from 51 - 60: light stain, 3-4 feet below summer pool talked to the net guys they said it was one of the best years they have ever had catching and milking walleye.
    walleye bite still a little slow caught a few on jig and minnow 15-22 ft
    crappie bite good 16-30 ft caught about 70 on a drop shot with minnow
    bass bite was hot SM and LM 3-10 ft on rocks, believe it or not some were starting to show hints of red in the tail, caught about 22, fished for them on weds and fri texas rigged plastic craw.

2. Were you fishing from a boat or from shore?

3. BUSTABB

BUSTABB member

I was in a boat

4. Sounds like a great week! Any size to those fish?

5. BUSTABB

BUSTABB member

crazy4,
    weds the fish quality was great. smallest was 2 lbs biggest was 4 lbs, maybe a little heavier (I try my best not to make my fish grow in my own mind so I guess on the conservative side lol!!) had a SM about 3-3 1/2 lbs. fri I got quite a few SM but nothing over 2lbs. LM were smaller also.

6. Hey Bustabb,

Nice report on CJ !! I will be down on the lake next weekend , if you fish it between now and then , please post your results ? I am right here between the 'Burg and Urbana , good to read something from a local guy !

Keep fishin,

7. I fish cj quite a bit myself, live by mad river mountain and work 10min from the reservoir. sold my boat last month though. good to hear the res is still holding up to it's reputation