Good times east (Pics)

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by DanAdelman, Nov 1, 2008.

1. DanAdelman

DanAdelman getting jigging with it

Third time out to 18 mile tried off my boat the first two with little success... I have really enjoyed learning about fishing in NY. Been out 3 times in less then a month. After all the bad things i heard about burt dam I would have to disagree with everything i heard on other forums and sites... I couldn't of been met with nicer anglers... Out of dozens of fisherman i fished next to I seen very few of the problems people described...and it was just a few idiots doing it...Amazing stay and amazing trip all together....
    Well let the pictures speak for them selves...Here's just a few...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. man that spot looks familiar, btw if you were there 24hrs earlier I would be the guy across from you;) . man I hate salmon! dam things were in the way of the good fish. looks like you guys had a good time, that place is hell the crowds are worse than the maumee, but the fishing sure is fun.

3. Well i agree there where ppl there this past friday that were in the minority. With the amount of mudsharks "salmon" that are in the creek its amazing that they are still green. I saw very few salmon that where dying. There were some that had died a few days ago, but normally the die off you can smell it from the parking lot. Burt dam is no where near the pictureque experience. I know when I fish there its gonna be interesting, and frustrating! Did you hook any hoes "Cohos"?

4. Looks like you had a blast. Man I sure would like to catch one of those big ole browns.

5. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

I'd love to hook into one of those big browns and have those eggs for some steelies. Nice fish

6. DanAdelman

I lost a big brown near shore after a long fight pretty disappointing but can't wait to get back i got one nice one so that counts. The browns were in along with some rainbows...Did see a kid snag a 15#+BROWN and keep it...it was big i would of loved to actually caught it... mostly fly guys were successfull on the browns...We caught a ton of salmon not pictured that were a ton of fun but not so pristine...The guys out there were awesome... I have been to the maumee also and caught limit of eyes including a 10 lber,,, Great time also but the crowds not nearly as bad at bert...Everybody was nice that i talked to but I tend to get along with others.
    And i was there 24 hrs earlier... We fished friday 11-4 ish and sat 10-3 ish
    we partied alot and had a great time...

7. findiesel

findiesel catch.pic.release.repeat

Nice job buddy. Wish I would have gone. Hopefully I will be able to make it out in the next couple of weekends....

8. That sure is a gorgeous brown buck! I'm definitely going to have to make a trip out to NY some time for some browns and salmon. I don't think I'd particularly want to fish that dam area though. I love the Maumee Walleye Run and the circus that goes with it, but for steelhead fishing I prefer picturesque scenery and serenity. Glad to hear you had a great trip.

John

9. What did you catch your fish on?

10. trust me it doesnt matter what you throw there. I'm guessing he caught them on spawn but you must understand, the fish are so thick there hellen keller could sight fish, its a joke! lots if fun but I must admit after fishing some other areas it is not my favorite out of the many rivers there.

11. That's funny! Wrong...but funny! :p

John

12. ...there are ppl there that do get skunked ...lol... Glad you had a good time!

13. DanAdelman

fish caught on spawn sacs...
    seen a lot of people get skunked actually...
    It might have been beginners luck but for a few hours my buddy and I were the only ones hooking up...
    At one point i could see 40 anglers that didn't have one on for over an hour so it isn't a guarantee to catch one but they are in there thick that is correct...
    Would of liked to have been equipped to target the browns more maybe with my fly rod but I will go back...
    Tried the pristine thing out on my boat in the harbor like I said two times that month with no luck...Had one on and lost it... Fished for litterally 1/5 of the time at burt and hooked up with more then twenty fish between my buddy and I....
    Do like to be in the middle of no where catching steel in our rivers maybe you can shoot me a pm on how to do that in NY seemed like if you wanted to catch lots of fish you were going to be next to someone else there....