close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good Steelhead Location

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by NEEDABOAT, Sep 30, 2008.

1. I am thinking about going up to Rocky River this weekend to try for steelhead for the first time. The only problem is I have no idea where to go. I have been reading the posts here for two seasons, so I think I have a pretty good idea as far as equipment and technique. I would appreciate it if some one could point me in the direction of some spots. You can pm me if you need to. I am coming from the Akron area, but I am pretty framiliar with the Cleveland area. Thanks in advance

2. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

I would start at the marina and work your way south from there, a couple good holes and runs near the first riffle, you can park anywhere in the boat launch area and fish there to the bridge, further south is Rockcliffe ford. Just hit the parkway and keep driving, you'll see the parking lots and other guys fishing. lots of dudes fishing the rocky and it's all easy access you can't miss them.

3. If you are new to steelheading, hit the marina or the fords. There will be a lot of guys and you can watch them to see what is working.

4. Thanks for the info-I really appreciate it

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

fairport harbor long wall is a good option too.