close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good spots on GMR near Miamisburg

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by szackey, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Does anybody know of some good smallmouth (or walleye) spots in or near Maimisburg pool? Kind of new to the area (3 years) and just getting back into fishing. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

2. by pool I of course mean the river. Sorry, used to living near the Ohio and that is how they refer to sections of river in between dams. I see people all the time by the dam across from the power plant (down the road from the ball fields), but never get to see where they walk to (on the bike trail).

3. Most people I have seen there fishing the dam and about 75 yards down from it. Never seen anyone catch much of anything and I never had any luck myself.

Another spot I have tried (with not much luck either) is by Rice Fields. Pull in to Rice Field and park all the way in the back by the bike path. You then hoof it a bit up the bike path under the train tressel and have access to the river bank for a couple hundred yards.

Hope this helps! I'm still trying to learn river fishing myself, so my bad luck may be inexperience.