Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna try to fish this weekend, sat and sunday, my boat is in port clinton, I know its not the prime location right now but want to stay close to the islands on this trip..any ideas on the best place to get some eyes? I dont have any problem making a 15 or 20 mile run..I have all the right gear, so if you have any ideas let me know..thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'll let the locals guide you to possible eye's, but there is a good perch bite going most traditional spots around the islands. I have been doing well a couple miles east of SBI. It looks like the algea is begining to be a factor west of the islands, and lots of floating bottom grass now makes trolling tough, good luck, hope you get your net wet.......HT

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
630 Posts
We have been catching eyes south of Kellys. 25-27 ft water. Carpenters point to ferry lanes about 1/2 - 3/4 miles south of Kelly's. Worm harness any were from 1.4-2.4 mph. 40 jets back 40-45. Also been fishing same area in evenings 6-9 pm catching them same program. One boat got 24 another got limit of 18 this past saturday. Also heard good reports on saturday from east of middle island up on line.

Spoonfeeder on 79

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
656 Posts
i lived up in port clinton last year and docked in the portage river. I always found fish from just north of the niagra reef buoy to the line. 32 fow was always the best for me. Used reef runners on boards at various leads and some harnesses and spoons. The fish where there from may until october last year. Good luck

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's where i was catching em earlier this year, they are still there? I thought those fish went east. I love fishing around kellys. Earlier this year we killed em on spoons south of kelly's. Spoons still work? After a report like that- kinda makin me think about runnin back over there, great report thanks
lunker21

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Fished last night by end of Toledo Channel. Had 2, landed 1.Few marks and a few weeds. 4 white bass. Very few boats out that way.

·
Registered
696 Posts
NE of Kelleys just south of the 41/40 / South of canuck border. 15-16 miles from East Harbor Channel. Had a deeper bite. Highest Fish was 24 fow deepest was 34 fow. RR 800's Green Flash Bare Naked out 200 feet. Jet 30's w/ silver based Scorpians 140 - 200 back on braid. Largest was 6lb7oz. Trolled from 2.3 - 3.1. A lot of fish there.

Harnesses did ok 1 day using 1oz 100 feet back with silver blades and Bottom Bouncers w/ copper backed blades but the whites started cleaning the harnesses non-stop.

It would be a long run for you but you sound like you plan on a long run anyway. The Carpenter Point spot sounds good - those fish can move a lot be stuck with junk but you dont know until you try.

I hope you land on em'

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
630 Posts
Spoons still work? After a report like that- kinda makin me think about runnin back over there, great report thanks
lunker21
One boat was catching some on spoons. Harnesses were the best.

One boat want out tonight only managed 2. Had a trolling bag blow out on him. Hard time with speed.

I will be out there saturday and sunday night, will update both nights then, probably in seperate thread.

Larry
SPOONFEEDER on 79

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I heard around D can was doing good too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts