close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

good night on gmr

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by imalt, Sep 26, 2008.

1. imalt

imalt Banned

went out about 6:30 last night until dark. Caught some dinks, couple 10"-11", small flathead, and lost a large smallmouth that would of been my pb for sure jumped off about 5 ft in front of me. Just to screw with my head. My buddy snagged what i think was a fingerling saugeye or sauger. Fish was only about 4 inches long. had vertical black markings on side but was shaped like a saugeye. sorry no pics it was too dark. If anyone has any ideas on identity of fish let me know. All fish but one sm were caught on deep diving jointed shad in crawdad colors. other sm was caught with rebel craw

2. vertical tiger stripe like black marks on a four inch fish with a pointy nose, its probably a logperch darter. I hit the gmr last night for a bit and my buddie got the only smallie, but also got sauger a white bass a flattie some channels and a bunch of drum flipping jig n pigs:confused: it was alot of fun even though the channels where the only things with any size.

3. imalt

imalt Banned

logperch darter is correct i looked at the picture. How far south on the gmr were you I was south of franklin. we have been getting channels and flatheads on crankbaits lately. At least one a trip

4. good report, was it were we had discussed earlier this week? I hit the GMR around hamilton yesterday at about 2-4 and crushed the white bass got into a school busting small baitfish. caught upwards of 40 fish nothing big but it was fun. Also caught some dink smallies and had a big gar on turn and cut my line but it would have went atleast 30" this thing was huge! All were caught on 2 1/2 plastic minnow

5. imalt

imalt Banned

wish I could get a gar that would be pretty sweet. havent had time to experiment with too much because only been getting out for 1hour or a little more. this weekend i plan on really working the river hard.

6. i was about 15miles down river of hamilton, we just pulled off the road and walked, finding an area without much pressure helps

7. imalt

imalt Banned

i agree it is definitely worth the hike to get away from people. Have another area i really want to try but it will have to wait because i am going back to where i was yesterday.