close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good night coyote hunting.

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Mbowls2, Dec 31, 2017.

1. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1514701857.905969.jpg

Things seem to be clicking this coyote season.

garhtr, ezbite, TIN_KNOCKER and 11 others like this.
  2. A good night indeed.

3. Flathead76

Flathead76 Carp53.65

That's a good start. Kill more.

cb55 and fastwater like this.
  4. Awesome, Keep it up

fastwater likes this.
  5. Muddy

Muddy

Nice, what calls worked best?

6. Have been having luck with a antelope in distress.

7. Keep waking them

fastwater likes this.
  8. What call has antelope in distress, fox pro?

9. Do you think the Cold weather has something to do with their urgency to get an easy meal?

Huntinbull likes this.
  10. Muddy

Muddy

Yes. Cold and snow help. Coyotes also move further during the winter, upping your odds of intercepting one.

T-180 and Freyedaddy like this.
  11. I am using the shockwave by fox pro

Freyedaddy likes this.
  12. Nice!!! Keep stacking em up.

13. That's a good looking setup you're shooting. Can you talk a little about that? I've been thinking about getting an AR type rifle for hunting coyotes. Also, congrats on the dogs

14. I am shooting a BARRETT Rec7 ar with a aimpoint micro t2. I have a rock river with a scope. This year I decided to try the red dot. Seems like a good set up. Easy shot for the second dog. Also extremely easy to track them down when running from you.

15. Any money in the fur this winter?

16. Always wish you coyote hunters the best luck. Had a pack come running into my coon hound last night. Pulled the 10/22 off my back and changed their destination in a hurry. A dozen of us used to walk em out in the snow. Killed 60 in an area one year & thought we had them thinned out. The following year we killed 43 more. Seems like they are never ending. Would still get after them but my legs don't push thru the snow so well anymore.

17. That last one sure looks nice for an Ohio coyote. Last I heard they’re barely worth skinning for the fur market, but I haven’t checked lately.