close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good News Browns Fans

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Fishing-Miller23, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

2. if they traded Brady Quinn!:p

Tim

3. I hope for us Browns fans that he is truly ready to play. They have had enough problems on the line that they deserve to have one go in their favor for once. I also hope for his sake that he is ready and not doing something that will ruin his leg for the rest of his life. It sounds like he has had plenty of doctors leaning the direction of not coming back until recently. Only time will tell if he can be an All-Pro caliber center again.

4. I dont think he will be ready for a while. He hasnt been at the facility in more than 3 months to even gives us an update. So the Browns dont have anything to look at and watch his progress. Im hoping for the best though. I believe he can give us at least a win or two by being in.

5. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

I hear you (The Browns) might be getting Coach Cowher as well. Hell of a coach IMO.

6. Brady Quinn is about two years from even thinking about playing in the NFL.
    He needs to get in camp and see what it's all about. He saya he wanted to be a brown nows your chance DUDE, lets see what you got.

7. Can you Browns fans shed some light on this whole Quinn thing for me??? I keep hearing expect a long nasty holdout from this guy....why??? is it that he was picked late in the first and still wants to be paid like a top 5 pick?? all the reports that I have seen never go into what him and his advisors are thinking when telling him to hold out. Thanks

8. I think part of it as you said. Quinn and his agent still believe he is a top 5 caliber draft pick and are taking that stance. Another thing is that even though the Browns got him down that low they still gave up a LOT for next year to get him and Quinn knows that. They have also made comments that the reason they did so was that they felt Quinn can be their QB of the future. So all of those things are giving them the confidence to think that the Browns are going to treat him like their top pick. I suspect that they will end up somewhere in the middle of that the two sides want which most always is the case.

9. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Both Quinn and his agent are "DELUSIONAL". He was not all that in college and is unproven as a professional...he should sign a 3 year contract and prove his worth before he's paid top 5 money. The reality of the situation is he was not a top five 1st day pick and he needs to get over that, and except it...! :rolleyes:

10. But in my opinion the guy should get payed according to where he was picked..every 1st or even 2nd round pick is taken because that team thinks this guy is going to be my starter a year or two down the road if not this year, so him and his advisors shouldnt use that as leverage, if he gets to much conceded to him then it screws other teams, for as long as I can remember every team uses a slot system as how they pay there draft picks, if Quinn gets the world thrown at his feet even though he was picked at what 22-23 does that mean the guys picked ahead of him should get that much more?? plus next years picks will be payed according to what the same pick last year got with a 10% raise from everthing I have ever heard, if anything Quinn should be happy the Browns stepped up sacrificed there #1 next year and there #2 in this years draft to take him....if not he would have fell even further down the board just my 2cents.

11. I wish they would have used their pick this year a little wiser. I was hoping they would pass on him. We have 2 Qb's from last year. Sign a vetern to come in and show the young guys. Build a line up and see how they do. Then next year when we have the 1st pick (which I'm sure we will) draft a big headed qb. Quinn should be happy that he is going to get paid to play a GAME. Wouldn't it be nice to beable to tell our employers at the beginning of the year that we are not coming to work unless we get paid what we think we deserve. :rolleyes:

12. I dont think the Browns are all so bad as to end up with the 1st pick(even though Jerry Jones is keeping his fingers crossed) but Quinn was projected the morning of the draft as being top-5 when he is sitting there late in the 1st and you have a need at QB I think you need to try a get back up there and take him, no matter how it works out in the end you have to take your hats off to the Browns front office for being aggressive towards putting a winner on the field, when they finished like they did last year I dont believe you can stand pat and let things happen around you..and they didnt they were aggressive in the draft and FA just my 2 cents.