close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good morning out East

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by JohnnyN, Nov 29, 2008.

1. JohnnyN

JohnnyN is getting the drift

The kind archman took me out east early this morning. We fished until about 9:45. I went 4/5 on jig and waxworms. I was looking for a big hen, but only caught one female and she was about 3 pounds. God knows why, but I decided to keep one of the big males I caught (the second one here).

IMG_3995a.jpg

IMG_3999b.jpg

Thanks, archman!
    -John

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Where's Matt Damon?

3. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

haha! what is this? the new Rivers 14 movie trailer? did they run out of oceans finally?

4. Nice fishing with you John, we'll have to do it again soon even though you kicked my butt! :) Hope you liked those jigs.

5. ParmaBass

I bet you had a real hard time keeping an eye on your float today Joel! Did you tie up some more of the secret jig before you hit the road today? It's a shame you lost all of yours the day before. Learn to tie knots and you won't have that problem.:)

6. JohnnyN

Yeah I love those jigs, Joel. I have already been looking at tying apparatuses (real word?) since I got home!

Not to hijack my own post here, but I was thinking of hitting the Ashtabula tomorrow with a buddy from out that way. I have never fished it, and I was wondering if anyone knows how the water conditions are currently? I don't want to waste an hour trip if I don't have to!

Thanks!
    John

7. bigcats28

bigcats28 I'd Rather Be FISHING

John, fished it today from first light until about 2. Only one fish caught, but the water conditions were pretty good. Very, very slow day, only saw about 5 other fish caught all the time i was there. Good luck.

-Joe

8. There were two good things about fishing with John.

1. He didn't drop any of my jigs in the water.
    2. When guys were creeping down on our hole, HE TOLD ME!!!!!

9. ParmaBass

I need a vest AND I heard them, and told you!!! And for that you got smoke in your face!!

10. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

I might have a vest laying around, that I used when I was a rookie:p, that you could use.

11. JohnnyN

By popular demand...

This is my buddy, but he's holding MY fish :p I like the way it looks when he holds it way out in front of him like this :) Fishing was slow on the 'bula today, but we managed to land a few though we worked hard and got wet for them.

IMG_4003a.jpg

(29 in., 10 lbs 3 oz.)

12. Nice looking fish. What did you get that on?

I want Julia Roberts as my head when you take of pic of me!

13. I just couldn't resist.

[​IMG]

14. ParmaBass

I thought you were going to put Julia Roberts face on the pic Bob? Still looks like joel to me.

15. He does have a lot of female characteristics about him...

16. Amateur.....................

17. JohnnyN

I got him on a green and black mini-foo. He bent it all to hell. That's what I get for not stealing more quality jigs off of you, Joel... I have to deal with these store-bought POS's

And I think I would rather see your face on Julia's body ;)

18. [​IMG]

I hope this brings you as much joy this holiday season as it does me...Wow!

19. ParmaBass

HOLY CRAP!! There's no way I'm going to sleep tonight!

20. JohnnyN

Good God. I changed my mind. You're a homely woman, Joel.