close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good morning on Hoover

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Grumpy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

Hit Hoover at about 7:15. First hour not a hit. Switched to a double bladed harness with a crawler, worked a point, and hit paydirt. Four eyes, all well above keeper size, and five channel cats. Largest eye was 18in. Largest cat was 28 1/2in. All came off the same point. All fish hit between 10ft and 14ft just off the bottom. Was trolling with the elect. and the speed was under 2mph.

2. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Nice to hear the good report Grumpy. I haven't been on Hoover for at least a month and a half. Guess I'll have to make myself go fishing soon.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

too bad i had to stay home today:mad:
    hopefully they'll be cooperative on thursday.
    do you have the eyes cleaned for me yet?:D

4. Grumpy

I put them back so they could get washed off. I whistled a few times but they never came back to the boat.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you need to train them a little better:p
    you didn't happen to mark a spot on the water where you released them,did you?:D

6. Grumpy

Yes I did mark the spot. Put a big X chaulkmark right on the deck of my boat.

7. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

sweet, when I hit Hoover for cats in a few days I'll just look for the chalk mark!

:p

when I was there a few days ago scouting out spots for some cattin' there was an AMAZING bit of structure I found. unfortunately it wasn't underwater at the moment. heh

8. Grumpy

The chaulk mark is on the bottom of my boat. Now that I know people will be looking for it I'll have to erase it.

9. Nice going wayne. Very respectable catch for hoover. Now take a nap and get back out there for the evening bite! :)

10. I had a report from a friend that he got into the crappies friday and kept 40-50, 9"-13" in the middle east section, and he does not need to make anything up.

11. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Hmmm, I'll have to give that "friend" a call and get more details on that. ;)

*Your "friend" wouldn't happen to own a Grey/Blue G3 would he? :D

12. Yes, he has been out a couple times lately with success.