close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

good morning on hoover 8/11

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, Aug 11, 2007.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i finally got toad away from the house long eneough to wet a line.took a little retraining,but he caught on real quick:D
    we hit the water about 3 a.m. with a small supply of frozen shad(my last bag)and set the boat up in about 15 feet of water.baited up and cast into shallower water in hopes of encountering a couple nice channel cats.
    things got off to a slow start,then after an hour or so,i saw fred's rod dip toward the water.he set the hook and the battle was on.several minutes later i slid the net under a nice 25 inch fish.before i could get it into the boat,fred's other clicker sounded off.he grabbed the rod as i threw the first fish into the boat to free it from the net.finally the second fish was boatside,and i swooped down on it with the net.the fish turned out to be an almost identical twin to the first one.
    after the firedrill,the fish were released and fred finally rebaited and tossed his lines back out.it wasn't long till that old familiar clicking sound broke the early morning slince once more.a short fight later,number 3 was in the boat.
    by now my ego is a bit bruised,as i haven't had the first bite.i decide to move the boat a short distance and set up again.finally,redemption.line is suddenly burning off my reel as a fish heads for parts unknown.after getting the fish to the boat and winning a boatside tug of war,i watch fred slide the net overboard just as my other reel starts singing that song.i drop rod number one and rare back on number two.finally i bring the fish to the boat and now have another nice pair of twins thrashing on the floor.
    after measuring them at 25 and 26 inches,they were sent back to the depths.eventually we decide it's quitting time,but not before catching and releasing two more fish under the bright mid-morning sun.
    was a fine morning indeed,and great to see my buddy finally feel the pull of a few nice fish:)
    but after those chaos caused by those doubles,we decided to keep two nets in the boat in the future:D
    sadly my flash didn't fire and the pic of fred's fish was too dark to make out:(
    but we did have eneough light to snap a shot of my fishohio.

[​IMG]

2. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

Now let me see if I understand this............When your fishing partner starts catching fish, you move the boat. Hmmmmmmmmmm........What's wrong with that picture.;)

Glad to read you both finally had a good morning!:D

3. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Glad to hear you were able to drag Toad away from his many important tasks!aka Honeydoo list:D Nice FO cat!
    If you are in need of more shad my pond is loaded and I'll help you get them.

4. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Nice fish guys!
    Sounds like quite a morning.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

what 's wrong is all the fish were biting at his end of the boat:p
    by moving,i made it a fair game where we both could cast to them:D

jeff,i really appreciate that offer.i might just pay you a visit soon,and maybe bring a rod to take you up on the previous offer:D
    i'll be in touch.

lewis,those doubles were almost too much fun to be legal:D

6. Grumpy

"what 's wrong is all the fish were biting at his end of the boat"

Wow......After 60yrs. of fishing I thought I had heard it all. I'm going to have to remember that one.:G

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i knew you would like that one:D
    as another old geezer,you should have pulled that one yourself at some time,LOL.

ps..............thanks for the disk.i'll get it back to you asap.

8. Grumpy

Well, after reading that one, I'm going to go find a button and some thread.;)

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hahaha,going for that record,huh?:D
    i'll wait till tomorrow and check:D

10. Great catch guys!! Captains choice for boat position i was always told!!:D