close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good lake in Canton, catching nice ones

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Dmuntean, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

fish 007.jpg I've been fishing a lake in Canton that has been producing nicely. I believe it is called Esrock. It is a private lake. My friend lives on it. It is off of Middlebranch Rd. It's full of nice bass, and it is a good size lake.....

2. OldSchool

OldSchool Saved Fish

Never heard of it... but since it is private that explains why.

Even though I can share in your private honey hole I can still pick your brain for some helpful info... what are you getting them on... What is working best this time of year... and how deep are you finding them?

3. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

25 years ago, it was a strip pit. Good friend of mine used to have a key to get inside whenever he felt like it. It's bordered more or less as follows, on the east by Harmont, on the west by Middlebranch, north by 55th st and south by Columbus Rd aka old 62. They built condos and expensive houses all around it, and folks living there are the only ones allowed to fish it. Way back then it was loaded with fish and it's only gotten better! More of a recreational lake (ski jets, etc) than one with much fishing pressure!!

4. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

Snake, you're exactly right. It is a pretty good size lake w/ unlimited HP (as far as I know).
    As for what I've been using..... Earthworms, just kidding
    Been catching them mostly in 4-7 ft. in a flat, weedy area of the lake. Crankbaits are working best. Also catching them on all colors of soft plastics. Good luck with buzzbaits also.

5. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

You are one LUCKY GUY to have access to this place. Got to go one time last year .There are some huge fish in there. Bass fishing is unbelivable. ALWAYS take your camera. Not to forget the huge perch/gills/crappie and eyes YES eyes. Last cast of the evening we hooked up with a 22. Never knew they where in there. I really don't like the place .To hard deciding what to target.;) To bad my connection moved out of state

6. Is that you sweet ?

7. mirrocraft mike

No if your asking me I'm a nice guy ,but won't call me sweet:D

8. wow I:M geting old , we used to swim there before it got so big , used to swim/walk up the creek and play there , also caught some big bass ,say about 45yrs ago , thats where I was raised. REMEnber ice skating on demarsh's pond ??

9. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

Mirro Mike, I didn't realize it was that good. It has been pretty slow as of late. I haven't caught anthing but bass. My friend caught a large bluegill on a crankbait though?????? It was wild. I'll have to look for some of those eyes. About a month ago we went after it rained all night and into the morning. It was the best fishing day of my life. We caught 35 largemouth, nothing over 3 lbs. though. Since then it's been about five fish per outing. There is no fishing pressure at all there. Bunch of pleasure boats and jet ski's.

10. mirrocraft mike

Yes its that good. Most of my fishing was done there 20/25 yrs ago,before all the huge houses went in. The only houses were on Harmont.I had some friends that lived there on the weekend with there Dad. Your right most folks are just pleasure boaters and couldn't care about fishing .Never fished it this late, But in the spring it was on fire. Tried to go there three yrs ago by entering though the feeder creek by canoe Always thought that was legal WRONG Got tossed out before the third cast. Should have been baited up and ready to go. Asked who i knew from the lake . They were very polite and i went Peacefully

11. mirrocraft mike

Name don't ring a bell but was that the pond where the horse ranch/farm is or was? Dated a girl that used to board her horse there and lived right on the corner. I remember a airfield also being there

12. jonk540

jonk540 jonk540

Yo DMUNTEAN,
    You need a new best fishin buddy??
    haha
    I've been checking that place out for years. No way at all to sneak in.
    good luck, Jon

13. Mirrorcraft, If you canoed in and did not tresspass to gain access to middle branch creek they cannot make you leave it is a public water as long as you do not touch land or bottom. At least that is how we were able to fish it 15 years ago. A buddies grandfather had a house down stream a little and we would just run up river to get on. Thehome owners always told us we were tresspassing but when the law came out they said if we were in a boat and did not tresspass to get on the water the water was not their property and we had every right to be there.

14. No not you. I work with DMUNTEAN brother & his nickname is sweet.

15. snake69

That friends grandpa, that wouldn't be Chuck Linder would it? He lived on the North side of 55th, east of the creek. I always believed the same thing, that if you entered the creek via some sort of boat, and didn't touch land, you were legal. Never tried it. Was told a few yrs ago, that they had put a fence under the bridge, never checked though!! Always been a good fishin' hole tho. About 1968, my aunt was taking us back to fish, via Middlebranch(where her and my ma lived) and we got stuck in quicksand, or at the time that's what we were told it was.

16. mirrocraft mike

Sorry seen Louisville and thought you meant me

17. mirrocraft mike

That;s the name i was looking for .Didn't they own the farm where horse were boarded at ? The creek ran though some of there land also .Used to hang out there a lot when visiting a girl friend.Talking back in the late 70's early 80's She lived on the same side of the street but a little further down . We did enter by the gas well and i was in the wrong there , with that being said i didn't want to get the police called .I think you are right about entering a water way by boat and not touching anyones land .There maybe a fence there now not sure. I don't recall one

18. mirrocraft mike

I think your right, but i entered by the gas well. Sort of knew i was in the wrong .Thought maybe I found a loop hole. There were no houses real close . Grown up with weeds and stuff You know . I was willing to take a chance ,It wasn't like i walked though someones back yard . I wasn't hiding anything by the way i entered . When told i tresspassed i left No questions asked

Bet you caught some nice ones out of there

19. snake69

Now that we're on this, it makes me want to crawl under the bridge and look to see if they did hang or erect a fence. (was told they hung it from the underside of the bridge) That being said, I've been told that it's illegal to obsruct the passageway of a creek, stream etc. I would think it had been done with the city's consent, but maybe it's done by the lake's management or some such crap.
    As for Chuck Linder, he also worked on motorcycles. I know the farm belonged to his parents or more likely, grandparents. The creek did/does run thru the property. He had a younger brother, but I can't think of his name. Haven't seen him in a good 25 yrs. By the way, we must be somewhat close in age ;) I went to Timken, grad in 76.

20. I ran into a similar situation at Chippewa lake in the Lodi/Medina area. I accessed the inlet at a public bridge and paddled into the lake without going around obstructions or touching bottom. Was stopped pretty quick once I reached the lake, saying that I needed a permit to on the lake, regardless of how it was accessed. I understand the legalities about floating above private property on a state waterway (river), but wonder if the same rules are present for private lakes.