close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good Job Opening

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Marshall, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Hey guys, i just received word delaware county (where i work for) will be accepting applications for a wastewater plant operator. This is a great job for someone who loves to fish. The job may be 7:00am till 3:00pm monday thru friday but will likely get filled internally opening up the night shift week on week off schedule. this shift will work 7:00pm till 7:00am Friday till thursday every other week. Your last day is 11:00pm till 7:00am. You will be required to work 80 hours every other week. I currently do the dayshift 7am till 7pm thing and it is a great schedule if you like to fish or hunt. Somedays i'm the only boat on alum on monday mornings, a lot better than saturday. You must have a clean background and good driving record to be even qualify for an interview. The county checks you out thoroughly. All you need is a high school diploma but a college degree will help out a lot but not necessary. Knowledge in equipment use, math and mechanical skills along with some chemistry background is needed. Don't panic you don't have to be a chemist. They will want you to be able to obtain a class B CDL if you would move to a dayshift postition but you usually never drive the CDL required truck. A wastewater operators license is really good but most people obtain them after hire. With the licence they will pay you more. Like I said i work here and it is a good job. We are losing an employee to go to Iraq for an 18 month tour of duty. The county has decided to hire someone full time / permanant. When the tour is over they will find something for him to do . There is plans of new plants in the county in the near future so you will still have a job when the guy gets back from iraq. I'll tell you right now you won't get rich working for the county but they have really good benefits(great health insurance that they pay for) and a good retirement. Here is what you all want to know. Starting pay is $12.76/hr to $14.77/hr. Without a wastewater license you will likely start at $12.76. Currently the job tops out at 17 something an hour with a class 3 wastewater license. (not too bad consdiering you pay nothing for health insurance and get sick days and payed holidays and vacation time. The job description will be on the delaware county website probably in a week or so. I just found out today so it will take a while for them to get it moving. Go to WWW.CO.DELAWARE.OH.US for job description and application. There should be number to call if you have questions. I just thought I would post this and let everyone know about a good job opportunity opening. It should be in the paper in the future but here it is now.If anyone has any questions they can pm me or get the info off the website when it gets put on and give it a shot. You never know, it may be the job for you.

2. WOW, sounds like a dream job fer me, except I live in Wayne county lol.

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

You know if things were different I would apply, hoss. :D :D :D

4. Marshall: May I ask why you say this would be a great position for one who likes to fish?

Because if you're suggesting I can get paid while I fish, I might have to dust off the old resume.

5. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

What we means is every other week you have off because you work a 12-hour shift every other week. I fish with him and he calls me when I'm working - he's on the water slaying the little bassies. He does NOT fish while working - unless you like ot fish for "logs."

:eek: :eek: :eek: