Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down the road for a little bit to the tusc. Fished from about 5 till 8. Kept walking till I found a nice deep pocket and pulled my first to crappie out of the river ever. Wasn't catching anything else so I figured I'd stay there and go for them.... had a 32nd oz jighead on with a small bass assassin. Dropshot rigged on an UL. so I'm reeling in slow and think I hit a snag and boom! Line starts flying off the reel think I got a cat on the end of the line I start putting more drag on to stop the run after about a two minute fight I dragged this sucker up on the shore! The hook went straight as soon as I landed him. Thank God I grabbed him up! 6lb 30in. Best fish all year thought for sure it would be a fish Ohio award was bummed to come home and find out its 32in :( I put him back after his photo session. Lol you can see the jig in the pic his eye is biggger.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
I got one about half that size (maybe) two days ago on the tusc, my first pike to on a fluke fishing for smallies. Would have liked to have that one pop my pike cherry lol

Sent from my EVO using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
42 Posts
Beautiful fish! Ive got them below the outflow at Bolivar dam on hot n tots. Fun to catch. Nice catch.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts