Good Digital Camera

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Buckeye Ron, May 18, 2007.

1. My old digital went by the trash can, any suggestions on what a good one would be made by and a cost?
    Thanks,
    Ron

2. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

i have two different Kodaks they are great easy to use and dependable usually get one for a good price if you shop around

3. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I have an olympus 710 all weather 7.1 MP and love it. $200-250 range, metal case and sealed for foul weather use...GREAT on the boat. Nice point-n-shoot and has the biggest LCD screen I've seen on a cam. Video on it is good too.

5. I like Canon myself.

6. I have a Nikon coolpics L3. They run about $125. It is not top of the line by ant means but has worked well for me.[​IMG]

All the pics in my gallery were taken with this camera.

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Big Daddy posts a lot of pics and folks ask about his camera. Its also the same type as swantucky's.

8. Yep. I have the same model as swantucky. Takes great pictures and the editing software that comes with it is very easy to use.

9. I also use a Nikon but mine is the S10. I got it at Costco for $279.99 I take a lot of pictures of my son but here is a picture at the Cincinnati Zoo that I took. I am an amatuer photographer and I think this is a pretty darn good picture! The settings are easy to use and the quality is fantasticc.

[​IMG]

10. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

I've had a couple and this is the best yet...

[​IMG]
    Sony Cybershot DSC-H2 6MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilization Zoom
    This camera gives pictures as good as my 35mm Nikon SLR.

11. Thanks to all who tried to help me, Lundy you are right about a lot of reading. Now i have to do the research on all of these.
    Thanks again,
    Ron

12. Wow that pic below is massive......

I don't have much time to post right now but will chime in later. You will want to use this website for reviews. It's awesome.

www.dpreview.com

EDIT: Ok I have time to chime in now. How much are you looking to spend and how often are you looking to use it? Will you be wanting to make prints from the photos, if so, what is the largest you would ever want printed?

Im going to recommend Fuji cameras. If you want a basic yet nice point and shoot camera used mostly for just automatic shots I'd say look into aone of this

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Fujifilm/fuji_finepixa800.asp

If you are wanting something more advanced for larger prints and more settings (instead of just auto) then something like this would be nice to look into.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Fujifilm/fuji_finepixs9100.asp

Here is a photo album of some photos I have taken with my Fuji.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v486/yellowfox/Photography/