Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well Tom and i went fishing today... we planned to fish westville lakes but they had a bass tourny so we figured we couldnt be able to buy a bite after they got through with that lake...... so we decided to go to hodgson.....then stuff then the fun begins......

for most of the day we couldnt find anything but bluegill... lots and lots of blue gill.......... then we heard this guy yellin "CHARLIE BROWN CHARLIE BROWN... STOP CHASING THAT *honking* GOOSE!!!".... well it appear that he had two labs(charlie brown was his chocolate lab) in his boat while he fished.... well it appears they jumped out of the boat and chased some geese, which are nesting all over the peninsula at the south end..... well anyways... his 2 year old yellow lab found a gap in the fence and chased a goose across the street.... after about an hour or so of him calling his dog trying to find him, we and the guy hear his dog barking across the street..... well we offered to watch his boat and his chocolate lab so he could go get his other one where the gap in the fence is so he wouldnt have to go all the way back to the launch and trailer his boat and drive around and find his dog..... and its a good thing we offered to watch his things because apparently, some old guy found his dog.... put on a different collar on it and chained it to a tree... basically trying to steal this dudes dog......... when to guy came back and told us this, he said that the old guy came to his back door and claimed that it was his dog and not the real owners dog... well anyways... he came back with his dog.... and thanked us for helpin him and everything.... no problem......
helping avoid a family crisis..... check :D

later that day... we were on the south end of the lake in the bay with the pipe, which sometimes yields a couple fish but today didnt give up diddly squat, we saw two Bald Eagles flying above the little "pond" between sandy lake and hodgson...... they were definately bald eagles..... brown feathers with white heads and tailfeathers.............. thats always a nice site to see... absolutely amazing animals..... also... the ospreys are back.... good to see them back and also i saw some double crested cormorants which i first saw there late last year....... also so the herons are back stalking the shore :D

yep.... saw lots of nice wildlife..... except fish.... only saw a couple of those.... most small except for one that tom caught...... the fish were few and far between and caught on spinnerbaits............ but not at all would i consider it a bad day... sure we didnt catch very many fish, but we helped save someones dog and saw some nice endangered wildlife and spent a gorgeous day on the water :D

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
you guys did your good deed for the day,good work i,m sure he appreciated your help watching his stuff,those geese really tempt those dogs now when you go back there you,ll get those fish ..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts