close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good deed for the day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by getinjiggy, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Ok I tried fishing in the rain/snow. As I was nearing the water I noticed a blue hearing(sp) in the weeds. As I got closer I saw it hat fishing line just wrapped all over one of its claws, and the line was intertwined in the brush.I knew if I got closer it would spook, but as I did he seemed pretty calm. I was however close enough to use my lighter and cut the line close so he could be free. As he was set free, I think hed pulled enough that he'd done damage to his leg. I think he will be ok now! My deed for the day!! This is a true story believe it or not!! Glenn

2. Juls

Juls Charter Captain

The Fishing Gods will thank you!

Juls

3. great deed but how did you do fishing?

4. It's sad how so-called sportsman can't pick up their trash. Discarded fishing line is the worst thing a fisherman can leave behind. It is my mission this year to pick up all the discarded fishing line that I find. You did a good thing.

5. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

GMR....I do the same thing. And I don't even throw it away into landfills. There are numerous places where you can place discarded fishing line (tackle shops, etc.) where they recycle it into other useful materials. Throw that crap into a landfill, and the same thing happens.......birds, etc.

6. dip

dip dip

and would murderize one if given the opportunity. spect ya'll have never been catfishing in dense fog at 4 a.m. and had one of those herrons cut loose?

7. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

good job on saving the life of an animal that man was killing by his own carelessness. BUT!

I don't do it often but I gotta agree with DIP. I would have left it to die or stomped it's head. They are pice of crap fish eaters that have or will soon over run our lakes. Had one actually follow me around and succeed in stealing a blue gill right out of my bucket. I did save a goose once from fishing line and I don't like those loud things either.

bill

8. after having one take some of my goldfish out of my back yard pond I would of left it to die also.

9. Well I guess more of it was guilt! I was the only living thing this bird had probably seen in days. Im a moron for being out fishing in this weekend mess. I did however pick up a few nice fish for the skillet.As far as picking up around this area, I dont have that much time!! Dip and some of the others have been where I was. Its a pittyful mess.Glenn

10. I too would have ended its life...
    They need to put a season on those frog eaters ;)

11. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

I with ya DIP. Those things will scare the bajesus out of ya. Even if it ain't foggy out. Look like a friggin' terradactile<sp> and sound like one too.