close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good Days @ Stix & Farm

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by HCrumpler3, Nov 1, 2004.

1. I am looking forward to the chat. Please save up some good questions for me. My website is www.HughCrumpler.Com. Go there-take a look- maybe something will stir up a question or two. I used to be very compedative fishing tournaments. The Northern Division of Everstart was my last series. I liked Erie out of Sandusky Bay. I moved to Florida from Missouri on account of weather and MONSTER BASS. There are many characteristic differences between Largemouth, Florida Largemouth, Spotted Bass/Kentucky Bass and Smallmouth. If you ask a question I will not keep the answer a secret. I will tell all. Again, looking forward.

The past week was a very good catching bass week at Stick Marsh and Farm 13. I had two sets of clients each fishing two days and each producing very well. All bass caught were relating to running water in the areas of the Spillway or the Pumping Station.

Catching bass at the Pumping Station is much better when the Pumping Station is pumping and catching bass at the Spillway is much better when the Spillway is running. The Spillway is not running however, one of the gates could not be completely closed and water is seeping through. This was enough to produce a very good bite.

Earlier filed reports detailed the catches of Roy, Dan, and Billy. They had a half day that lasted 2 hrs and 20 minutes in which they caught a tremendous number of bass at the Pumping Station on 4 1/2 dozen wild shiners. Their previous trip was a full day during which they caught 25 bass.

On Wednesday Gary and Morris fished a full day with 10 dozen wild shiners. They brought 47 bass into the boat. There are some photos posted with this report. If they do not appear go to www.HughCrumpler.Com and click on "Live Updates" and you can see the photos. Most of these bass were caught in various positions in the Spillway area. I noticed a vehicle cleaning the Garcia side of the Spillway and moved to a gate that began to seep water as the front of it was cleaned. We hammered the bass for a considerable amount of time here. The action was faster than I could bait, pitch and remove bass for my two anglers.

On Thursday Gary and Morris returned with a day of wild shiner fishing under their belt. The day of experience proved to be valuable as they added ten to thier previous days total to total 57 on Thursday. These bass were mostly caught in the Pumpin Station area. There were periods of very fast action. The last bass caught was the largest.

I had talked to some folks who had vehicle trouble at the ramp. I had given them some indications as to fishing locations. They e-mailed me letting me know they got into them at the Pumping Station to the tune of over one hundred bass in an hour on Silver Buddies and some other lures.

Legendary Professional Guide, Hugh Crumpler, takes his clients out catching Monster bass at Stick Marsh and Farm 13. Hugh's website is www.HughCrumpler.Com and his e-mail is bsncoach@gate.net. Land line is 321-722-3134.