Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've been working at the Kent State branch I was able to take an hour lunch yesterday and fish the Tusc river by the 21st st bridge(across the tracks from the graphics packaging place). I caught a little 6 in smallmouth in the riffles right upstream from the bridge and then moved about a hundred yards upstream to a nice little sandbar that produced my first ever crappie out of the river, 11 inches...I really don't want to go back to work! But duty calls, after work, when all the kids were picked up/ dropped off at football, cheer leading and tennis I loaded up the dog and we headed to our new favorite spot. Across Front street from the antique mall there is some really nice fishing water, 5 smallmouth from 6" to 16 1/2" in about two hours,Fat Albert grub in pumpkin seed Texas rigged, I lost a few others as well, we were having a blast but the sun was dropping fast. I switched to a Black Berkley 7" worm that I cut down to about 4" and caught another 12" smallie, a couple casts later I hooked into a monster! When I set the hook this huge smallmouth broke the top of the water, gave a quick jerk and snapped my 6# test like a wet noodle, I'll be back in a couple days...I know he's in there!

·
Off The Hook
446 Posts
I fished from 5:30 to dark tonight ended up with a handful of smallmouth and couple pike. All the smallies was around current, caught fish on a kvd 1.5, fluke and twister tail. Right at dark I was fishing a buzz bait in front of some riffles and had a nice hit I thought for sure i had a nice smallie but it end up being a decent pike. Here's a couple pics of the 2 best fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm headed back to Front st again tonight, I was getting them in or near current also. I'd like to get a hold of one them pike as well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts