close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good Day on the Ohio

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Doctor, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Well had Presidents Day off today so decided to hit the river, talk about crankin current it was moving, water was only three feet from the top of the Tanners ramp, one small area had no mud the rest was covered so launched in that small window, motored out to the main river looked over at the cooling pond discharge it was under water, Oh Boy this could be fun, but we only had a few bites and great fun, Thanks Josh had a blast man, your great company we will do it again. Most of the fish were stuck to the Primary breakline, also had tons of problems with Sauger eating up our baits, would come back with just ribs showing, water tempature has rose to 42.3 degrees, the air temp was at 50 degrees when we launched this morning and dropped all day at one time we could see our breath as we talked. Looked like at any time we were going to get wet but it never happened, all fish caught on Skipjack. Totals for the day 6 fish total weight, 82.8lbs, average fish 13.8lbs, not bad I'll take that on any winter trip......Doc

[​IMG]

Josh with a 16.5 Blue cat

[​IMG]

Doc with a 17.5# Bluecat

[​IMG]

Doc with a 16.8 Bluecat

[​IMG]

Doc With a 15.0 Blue

[​IMG]

Doc with a 7.0 Blue

[​IMG]

Doc with a 10# Bluecat

2. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

NICE JOB!!!
    Great lookin cats and nice boat.
    That helps with the cabin fever. :D

3. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

4. Nice fish Doc!!! Talked to Josh and he had nothin but good things to say about you. Glad to see you guys hooked up on some nice fish. Look forward to meeting you sometime!! Justin

5. Fishman and me were going to hit the river down around cincinnati this past weekend but water looked a little high,but we are going to try it this saturday.Doc do you have any tips for fishing around the cincinnati area this time of year,I have a 18ft fisher and have been wanting to get in to some of them blues.Thanks for any help Jerry.

6. Nice fish and pics,good job guys :)

7. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

It looks like the Blues are easier to find than the skipjacks. :) I doubt I have any skips left in my freezer.

8. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

Nice fish Doc, thanks for the report!

9. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Why arent blue cats protected by the odnr?

10. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Awesome job guys! :)

11. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Thanks for posting all of the pictures!

12. nice fish i think i need to try that catfishing..............

13. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

The Ohio River is Kentucky's along the Ky/Oh border. Kentucky DNR would be the governing body and they have no restrictions on blue cats.

Nice feeshes- little cold though.

UFM82

14. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Jerry you never even bothered to tell me ya got yourself a different rig! Lookin' forward to seeing it.

I'm praying to the river gods that everything stays "normal." :D

15. It's nice to see a fishing report without Ice. Congrats on the nice catch Doc and thanks for the pics.

16. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey doc.. you need any assistant with the anchor?? :D i'm dying to catch something that swims.. :rolleyes:

17. Nice going, those cats are a beautiful sight for sore eyes!

18. skip

skip

Doc had a blast on these cats finally got on here and registered so here's my new name if you read this. I sent you email tonight so i hope it gets to you. It was alot of fun. Had a ball. I don't know if you posted this but how weird it was that almost if not all those blues were all females.
    Alright well thanks again ill talk to ya
    josh