Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any reports for perch out of Huron, so I thought I'd post my results. We started out trolling for walleye off of Cranberry, only one eye to show, got it on a Texas Red RR 70 back, lost another on a purple perch DHJ 40 back. Lots of boats, but none stuck around.

Decided to get minnows and fished straight out of the River in 27 FOW, ran out of bait with 49 for two guys, very fast action, lots of whites too though. 14 pounds not including the walleye, a nice overall grade of fish, a few 10
s and 11's. We were about a 1/4 mile from the green can marking the channel.

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
Good job, we trolled cranberry from 7 to 1 got 4 walleye lost a few and it seemed like 400 sheepheads and they were big. My gut is sore today from the rod but. We should have switched to perch. Good move on your part.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been back out since then? That's an easy run thinking about tomorrow afternoon after work.
No, sorry bud, I planned to go on Monday, but rain scared me off. I was going to head out this morning after work, but I was too tired. I usually always do good there from now through fall, I'd try there without a second thought. Good luck, let us know how it goes

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts