close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good Day Nimi 6/5 pm

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FishingGirl1978, Jun 6, 2007.

1. :D Lots of hard work and almost daily practice finally paid off yesterday. Went to a spot on Nimisila usually frequented by nighttime catfish hunters and landed my first really good looking LMB. For me, a 2-3lb fish is pretty exciting. Caught him with a Texas rigged Powerbait pumkinseed worm. Pretty amazing. A little bit later, caught a 5lb channel cat on the same rig with a Hardnose lizard, same color. Now THAT was amazing. I was certain he'd bust the line (I use 6lb test) but I got him in. My guy was sick with envy (;) ). He was helping me by blugillin' it with our son. Well, he decided it was his turn to try for a big fish, and he landed another cat that he pulled almost to the shore when it sawed off the line and got away. Bummer. Still, a great day. I feel for the first time like I'm not just out there farting around for nothing. My son had a great day, too. He pulled in about fifteen 'gills, a few in the 5-6 inch range. He was pretty proud of himself.

Thanks guys for all your advice and kindness - I've found my new fave hobby!!

Sarah

PS - anyone have a way to post pics from a Moto Razr? I can't seem to upload them, or you guys would all get to see my fishies!

2. Hey Fishingirl! That sounds like a good day to me too! I'm still waiting for my good day. We might hit Nimi soon. The last time it was too windy and all we got were a few dead batteries! Anyway, glad to hear that you're not only getting some, but getting some big ones. A 5 lb. cat on a 6 lb. test had to have been fun! Keep it up! :)
    Debi