close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good day ice fishing

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by archman, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Spent the day with Pymybob and Crooked Stripe in the morning. The morning started off good, with lots of bluegills at Portage Lakes. It kind of slowed down after that, but I still learned a lot. Thanks Bob, for letting me use your stuff and showing me the ropes.

Hardwaterfan, sorry we missed you. You need a cell phone!!! :)

2. Glad you could make it Joel! Thanks John for taking us to your "honey hole". I'll have to return the favor sometime soon!

After you left Joel, I went back to were my friend Terry was and he was doing quite well. He gave me another 10 decent 'gills. I caught another 5 'gills after you left along with one of those grass pike I was telling you about. It went about 12-13". Put up a decent fight as well. I tried to take a picture of it, but the batteries in my digital camera died :eek:

I think I cleaned a total of 32 'gills. Not too bad. Let's do it again real soon! :)

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

lol....i think im one of the last people not to have a leash uhh i mean cell phone.. :p :D jk

glad you guys got into some action! :)

ill catch you guys on the next one...

4. I knew I left too early!!!! Oh well, save some fish at Presque next week for the outing :)

5. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Thanks Bob and Joel for the company on our trip. Nice to have met you both and we must do it again. I was disipointed we didn't do better on size but we did catch fish. The last 2 times I hit that place the vex showed massave amounts of fish. Yesterday just scattered. We will hook up again sometime. Did well in the afternoon too, lots of chili and hot coffee and 5 flights with no craches. Very successfull day. :D John