Good By OGF

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by steelheadBob, Nov 24, 2007.

1. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

Well the old lady and i split up after 7 years so i have been thinking of this hard for a bit and im going to move down to florida to stay with a friend to start over. I just wanted to say ive been a member of this site for 4 years and way when it was gofishohio and i have met alot of good guys from this site and had the honor of fishing with most of them....
    I just wanted to give a couple of shout outs and a big thank you to a few that has help me in one way or another... Gobyoneganoby, thanks for being one of the best steelhead buddies ive fished with, Ruminator, for being a good friend and always showing up for the clean ups and being a big supporter at my class at gander tell Linda that ill miss her baking. Dale, for being the pain in the butt that he his,thanks for watching my back when we were about to fight a couple of guys out at mosquito, Bigdaddy, shakedown, dixie chicken,ezbite,shortdrift,fishon(JOE),archman,peopleoftheperch, and many many more names can fill this, if i didnt write ya down sorry, didnt forget, just the fingers are getten tired. But all of u are hell of a bunch. Thanks everyone for a great time, this has been the best 4 years of fishingthat ill remember....!!!!
    See ya on the water one day.
    Bob

2. Wishing you good luck on the staring over.:)

3. Hey good luck in Florida, ive only fished with you once but i learned alot in that short time. I feel bad for all the fish in Florida now lol.

4. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

good luck.i know it is tough but it will get better

5. steelheadBob

hey bassman, dont tear up all the steelhead, ill be back one day to hit the rivers again. you can leave with out the wife and dog, but i cant leave the steelhead LOL

6. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

Damn Bob,

I am so very sorry to hear this. I don't what to say. While we never got to fish together, fishing is what allowed our paths to cross. We did try to fish together just never worked out. The events we were at were always fun. I wish you all the best in the future. I know you'll do fine. Try to stay in touch if you can.

Larry

7. steelheadBob

just send me some of those perch/bacon wraps u make and ill call it even LOLOL

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

life marches on.....................been good reading your posts and they do have internet service in florida,ya know;)
    good luck down the road,bob.

9. WOW! Sorry to hear it Bob. Hear the fish in Florida are a bit bigger. Hope ya can post some pics when you get settled. Youll always be The Steelie King!:B

10. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Best of luck in flordia.
    Keep your head up!
    Ocean trout taste much better then steelhead. :D

11. steelheadBob

so r the gators LOLOL ill be outside of orlando,, whoo hoo go gators. LOL naaaaaaaa i love the bucks to much.

12. stormfront

stormfront Guest

bob, thanks for replying to my steelhead questions. hope all goes well for you. maybe some day someone will develop a southern strain of steelhead with a run up the indian or banana rivers. can you imagine fishing for chromers without snow or cold? enjoy your winter there and good luck to you.

13. steelheadBob

hey, how else will n e one learn!!!!!!

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.ditto.and the sheephead taste lots better than the ones up here too:D

15. Good luck in Fla. I'm sure you can log on from down there and give a fishing report . Thanks for all the great post.

16. Good luck. We are all going to miss you. At least you'll have the ocean to fish, and they got some huge crappies down there. :) :D

17. well, that explains why all the steelhead i've seen seem to have a look of relief on their little fishy faces. :p

bob, i owe you a big thanks. i asked you a bunch of question over the last year or so and you got me started. got my first steel last year and i'm 6 for 10 this year. all cuz of you bro. thanks....and good luck to you.

18. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Have a good one Bob, what area are you going? I get there a lot, and have some fantastic spots both sides of the state. Keep in touch and we'll get out down there.

19. ¡Adiós! Goce de la vida en Cuba.

20. Haha ill try to save you some of the steelhead for the next time we fish together