close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gonna report a poacher

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shortdrift, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Last Sunday while fishing the Lorain area there was an individual, all alone in his boat trolling five, yes, five lines. I gave a lot of thought about this person and the fact that he was in the wrong and i'm sure he knew it based on the way his boat was outfitted and the methods he was enploying.
    I spoke with a Game Warden today and he said to use the directory in the 2004/2005 fishing regulations and contact the area Officer. He also said the officer may not be able to respond at that particular time so it would be best to supply a description of the boat, the registration numbers, the violation being observed as well as thye time, date and description of the individual. He assured me that the report would be followed up.
    The individual I observed was operating a cream colored, green trimmed
    cuddy cabin I/O powered boat and had launched out of Hotwaters. I didn't get the numbers but will be watching for you in the future and make sure to report him, in detail should I see him fishing illegally again. I hope he visits this site and reads this post.

I'll also post this in Lake Erie forum

2. catking

catking Banned

I hear that Shorty......... The only way to stop fools like this is for stiffer penalties. I say somebody like this should lose all his rods and tackle on the boat. Suspended fishing licence for the rest of the year. That's not too bad, really. If he was in Canada, they take his freakin boat also..Fool......... CATKING

3. Turned a guy in on the Maumee couple years ago. Took his limit to the car, gave em to his buddy and went back out to catch. Seen my odnr officer with some nice binoculars. Spotted him and he was on it. Would of like to spit in that dudes face. Hopefully he wont be there next year!