Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday while fishing the Lorain area there was an individual, all alone in his boat trolling five, yes, five lines. I gave a lot of thought about this person and the fact that he was in the wrong and i'm sure he knew it based on the way his boat was outfitted and the methods he was enploying.
I spoke with a Game Warden today and he said to use the directory in the 2004/2005 fishing regulations and contact the area Officer. He also said the officer may not be able to respond at that particular time so it would be best to supply a description of the boat, the registration numbers, the violation being observed as well as thye time, date and description of the individual. He assured me that the report would be followed up.
The individual I observed was operating a cream colored, green trimmed
cuddy cabin I/O powered boat and had launched out of Hotwaters. I didn't get the numbers but will be watching for you in the future and make sure to report him, in detail should I see him fishing illegally again. I hope he visits this site and reads this post.

I'll also post this in General Discussion.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was out with Ron when we saw this guy. There was also another boat with 2 people in it trolling 5 lines. I wonder what the penalty is for this?

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
:eek: I always thought you were allowed to run a few test lines.
Thats the trouble with this world.Too many snitches and people worrying obout what other people do.Judge not lest ye be judged Mr. Shortsnitch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
donkey said:
Judge not lest ye be judged ...
Hopefully after they are caught the Judge doing the judging will hand out the maximum punishment. If you see poaching and don't report it then you are no better and just as guilty as the lawbreaker.

Thanks for keeping an eye out Shortdrift.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
:eek: Lake Eries Central Basin is one of the few unspoiled places in the State of Ohio.
I go there for peace and solitude.So when you see my boat 10 miles offshore please keep away from me with your petty peeves and prying eyes.
If I wanted to keep company with you I would fish in a pack like you and glass every boat to see what they are catching.
Did you ever wonder where all those boats come from when you start catching fish.
Judge not lest ye be judged!

·
Registered
382 Posts
First off the guy was trolling in a pack of boats. If your going to run 5 lines by yourself then go away from everybody and do it. And I guess since we aren’t supposed to watch others, if we see someone rob a store or commit some other crime we should just let it go because it's not our business. And looking at your post number, if you’re going to register on here just to start trouble then leave. This site has no need for individuals like yourself.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Donkey,

Laws are made for a reason "jack-a_ _!!!" What is wrong with you? Negative report???

If you saw a law being broke. You would be a watcher??
Do you have family? If so and someone was attacking them and folks just watched and did nothing, how would you feel? I know this is extreme,but a law is a law,it was put in to place for a reason.

If you don't care for the law,contact your local lawmakers.Don't attack the fellas on here,just not right!

Many have died for this country including a fella from Elyria who is being buried tommorrow(his sister and brother-n-law played a major role at one time in my life) so we can live in the organized(somewhat) , free society we do.
Your thoughts and verbage is your right,but do you and did you have to be so volatile in your post?

This site should not tolerate attacks!!!!!!!

Regards,
Bait Dave

·
officially unofficial!!!!
2,536 Posts
ooooookay,i don't break limit or # of line laws,so call it casting a stone,snitching or what ever you want but those who are breaking the laws and get reported don't have ANYONE to blame but themselves.and personally i admire anyone who takes the time to report them.shows they care about the resources we're gonna have in the future.
this sure would be a great world if we didn't have to have laws,police and game wardens but as long as there's people who think they're above abiding by the same laws that most of the rest of society does,their jobs are pretty safe aren't they?
that's pretty plain on how i feel about it.

·
Relaxing.
5,750 Posts
I think you are right Ron and they should be reported that what the laws are there for a reason to protect our fisheries for all people and generations. Donkey you need to tone down so this thread doesn't get locked and Ron can discuss this issue with people. The Truth is everyone on this site is going to side with Ron anyway because we are all here because we love fishing and the friendship and follow the rules. No one on this site i fill would ever break the laws just to catch a fish so your remarks are pointless in the views of the members and the way this site represents fishing and its goals to its members. A true sportsman would never break the laws to get a fish, deer or any species.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Fish4Fun said:
I think you are right Ron and they should be reported that what the laws are there for a reason to protect our fisheries for all people and generations. Donkey you need to tone down so this thread doesn't get locked and Ron can discuss this issue with people. The Truth is everyone on this site is going to side with Ron anyway because we are all here because we love fishing and the friendship and follow the rules. No one on this site i fill would ever break the laws just to catch a fish so your remarks are pointless in the views of the members and the way this site represents fishing and its goals to its members. A true sportsman would never break the laws to get a fish, deer or any species.

Exactly thats the difference between SPORTSMAN and POACHERS

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
allright guys i just could not hold back.I dont like poaching either but some of the remarks from people other than donkey were alot more volatile than donkeys,but lookin at his profile he might be that guy shortdrift saw out there.Now i allready said i agree with short,but i dont agree with how quick you guys condem others without proper evidence,you said it yourself cream colored,green trimmed cuddycabin,do you know if anyone was in that cabin? If you did you were to close to that guy! I take my wife some times and if you were peering at me like that there would be a problem,i dont carry ops. or anything like that when i am fishin and never fish the packs,and dont care who is catchin what while were out there.Once we hit the water we do our thing! I feel for this guy who ever he is because you guys are so quick to gang up on,and lych whoever is in the senior members way,without proper knowledge.You cant go by what other people say all the time.I had a similar situation a while back here and when i fought back i was told to leave by the charter members :( this thread makes me very said how angry you guys get at people who dont have time to fish like the senior and charter members,just because these guys started this wonderfull site in which i thank them for.i love this site but if one of them tells me the sky is red i still need to see it for my self.Donkey said he didnt like people envading on his privacy,not that he agreed in poachin,and you guys went on the attack.SORRY IF I AFFEND ANYONE :(

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,428 Posts
Lets not let this thread get out of line keep it cool. If you disagree with what was going on fine, if you agree fine. Don't start arguing about the law. Keep it nice.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Ivan said:
If you see poaching and don't report it then you are no better and just as guilty as the lawbreaker.QUOTE]

I would not turn him in. Im not going to go out of my way to turn in anyone. There are officers for a reason, if he catches them great. I well not tell on anyone because the only thing worse than being caught doing somthing wrong is getting blamed for doing somthing you did not do.

And no i have not always followed the laws exactly. There are some things i do not agree with and i will not pay attention too. Everyone on this site does it. If you say you havn't then you are mistaken, becuase im sure you have, everyone!!!

Its may not be right but come on, hes not throwing sticks of TNT in the water he is using extra rods. Iv had 2 catfish rods in the water and tossed out a wax worm to catch a bluegill for bait.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sorry Dale hope that was not out of line, didnt see you post

·
Relaxing.
5,750 Posts
I think we all need to get out and fish tempers are starting to flare on here and its not even close to the long winter stretch yet. fish fish fish.

·
Banned
10 Posts
I'll take that bait.Several years ago the ODNR guys stopped me for running 4 rods in my boat.As they were reading me the riot act, my daughter crawled out from under her pile of towels which she was using to shield herself from midges.

·
Registered
382 Posts
We have a good idea that this guy was by himself because he was sitting in his truck in the parking lot. And still five lines is too many for two people.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.