Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Candy Cane (45 FOW - second Candy Cane out) off the Goldcoast and got our perch limits for 3 of us. Non-stop up and down from 6:00 til 7:30. Right off the bottom. If we were down more than 20 seconds we were cleaned. Sorted thru quite a bit of smaller ones and a lot of white bass. Minnows constantly circling the boat. Great minnow count again from Anthony at Stinks.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Figures. I didn't go out because of the forecast - shot clays instead.

Then, I pulled an old transducer off, so I have 4 holes in boat. Maybe I can fix them early in the morning, and try for the evening bite tomorrow.

Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
172 Posts
heading out sunday morning ... what the second candy cane out ???? I know the Lakewood gold coat but not sure what yo mean by second candy cane ...??????

·
Registered
43 Posts
Went out Tues night 45 fow north of Rocky River second candy cane. Kept a couple tickets but lots of small ones overall. Steady though

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am planning on going out perching tomorrow morning out of Rocky River. Are the Candy Canes straight out of the river or closer to Lakewood? Any other suggestions for places out of Rocky river to try. Quite honestly, I have not had much luck lately finding them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They are straight out just a tad west from river. There also another set west north of Gold Coast as mentioned earlier. Or go north of edgewater there are usually boats tied up perch fishing there as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts