Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the coast looking for gold,,,found it,,
got a 4 man limit Friday at the gold coast had to go to my spot to get them tried in close only could muster 3-4 eyes, went to the spot and started to fish up ,,chicken wing margarita,bandits and p-10 marvin and some unknown bandit, throwing everything even used harnesses just a variety of lures ran big board as usual,luv my boards,dispys and jets,,40 jets.
marked all kinda fish lots. had a good morning,,,,,
thanks for reading,,,,
Lawn Grass Yard Backyard Plant

·
Registered
36 Posts
I checked out the Gold Coast today with a buddy and managed just one eye in 3 and half hours. Trolled all around and threw a bunch of Erie deeries, harnesses and spoons at em with hardly any luck. People at the docks all said the same thing. Very slow and hard to find! My first trip out this year so maybe I need to tune my game up a little lol.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I checked out the Gold Coast today with a buddy and managed just one eye in 3 and half hours. Trolled all around and threw a bunch of Erie deeries, harnesses and spoons at em with hardly any luck. People at the docks all said the same thing. Very slow and hard to find! My first trip out this year so maybe I need to tune my game up a little lol.
You need to get out to 50 ft about 2 miles out. Run your spoons with dipseys 70 to 80 back on 3 setting. You will get all the fish you want

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
While there's plenty of fish out deep . You don't gotta deep in the central basin right now . We had a 3 person by 815 this morning this morning trolling flicker minnows in 15-20 fow . Played C&R to see if we could get my buddies daughter a big ones but after several we just kept a 20" .

Then we went "Shivering" and caught a bunch of drum and a good number of walleye . What a fun way to fish .
I dropped them off at 1030 and went back out and had a ball fishing shallow "Shivering"
Fish Fish Fishing Bass Recreation

·
Registered
214 Posts
While there's plenty of fish out deep . You don't gotta deep in the central basin right now . We had a 3 person by 815 this morning this morning trolling flicker minnows in 15-20 fow . Played C&R to see if we could get my buddies daughter a big ones but after several we just kept a 20" .

Then we went "Shivering" and caught a bunch of drum and a good number of walleye . What a fun way to fish .
I dropped them off at 1030 and went back out and had a ball fishing shallow "Shivering"
View attachment 360929
OK what is shivering?

·
199 Posts
We fished 50-52 fow this morning. 6:30 to 10:30 for our 4 man limit. A few nice 26 to 27" fish, the rest 17 to 21"ers. Bandits 70 to 100 back, worm harness 2oz weight 55 back and spoons on a dipsey 2 setting 55 back. Color didnt seem to matter. Speed was 1.9 to 2.1. Bugs got bad when the wind laid down but it didnt seem to slow the bite at all.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Yeah . I was using acme rattle glides .

But the technique is the same with shiver minnows, jigging raps or acme glide baits .

Make a decent cast . Let it hit bottom . Give it a good lift and let it glide back toward you till it ticks bottom. Reel down and repeat . I usually drop my rod to let it hit bottom a little faster at the end of the glide . You just gotta mess with you lift and cadence to figure out what works .

Fun way to fish . Just something different to do instead of catching the fish the same way all the time

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cool. Hopefully I have better luck tomorrow! I was in and around 36-43 FOW. Plenty of marks but apparently the wrong time (9-noon) and a dead zone. And my trolling setup isn't the greatest, so there’s that. First run of the year for me so I wasn’t prepared well enough lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yeah . I was using acme rattle glides .

But the technique is the same with shiver minnows, jigging raps or acme glide baits .

Make a decent cast . Let it hit bottom . Give it a good lift and let it glide back toward you till it ticks bottom. Reel down and repeat . I usually drop my rod to let it hit bottom a little faster at the end of the glide . You just gotta mess with you lift and cadence to figure out what works .

Fun way to fish . Just something different to do instead of catching the fish the same way all the time
What size and color on those glides? Thanx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts