Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kept it local and fished skinny. Took a while but we ended up with 6 walleye, 3 more sheeps 26'' or better, a few cats and numerous white perch. Biggest walleye was 27''. Kept plugging away at my little drop-off area, had to hit just right to pick a keeper. Depth 18' to 20', 1 and 2oz. back 20 did most of the damage, big walleye came on 1oz. 33' back. Chartruese and orange was good. I caught a cat that wouldn't open it's mouth to get the hook out. Reached in with a pair of needlenose pliers gave it a big twist and yank, front hook came flying out, too bad the back hook was free and I sunk it deep into my finger!! Ouch!! Grabed it with the pliers and grit my teeth and yank it out. Oh man did that hurt, bled like crazy. Not gonna do that again! Took some pics but forgot the camera in the boat.

·
'73 24' Stamas
975 Posts
Great post.........except for the ouch!......thanks for the info.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Good job Max! I knew you could get them going over there.:):):):)

What time of day did you have the best hits?

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1st fish came about 9am, a small boat was near and saw us catch it. He came over and drifted and trolled back and forth over the spot. We couldn't get back to it for over an hour before he finally gave up. Oh well, what are you gonna do. Picked a fish here and there throughout the day.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks! Hey sorry to hear about the hook thing:(:(:( I keep telling myself I'll get nailed someday. I hear it happens mostly to experience fishermen. I must still be a novice.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Not too bad Max. Appreciate the info. Will make for some after work/ evening fishing for me since it is close to home.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
1st fish came about 9am, a small boat was near and saw us catch it. He came over and drifted and trolled back and forth over the spot. We couldn't get back to it for over an hour before he finally gave up. Oh well, what are you gonna do. Picked a fish here and there throughout the day.
Soon you will realize why skinny water post locations cannot support the World Wide Web;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts