Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
STX 206 Viper
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started off of the gold coast in 40FOW, nothing. Moved about 5 times, changing depth and headind west. Finally found some fish in 31' almost to Rocky River. Kept 27, 8-11 inches, most came difting rather than anchored, and up about 5-8ft off the bottom.
Not spectacular fishing, but a fun day on the water with my daughter.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
We fished yesterday in 30 fow and kept 57 for two of us in 3 hours, nice fish for the middle of July. Today we fished the same spot and ran out of minnows in two hours. Again nice fish, most boats were out in the deeper water and not doing all that well. Yesterday all the fish we caught were 6 cranks up but today they were in the mud. Here's a pic of Skyler, a very happy lad that had a blast on calm Lake Erie waters. Too bad we ran out of minnows so fast, I just wasn't expecting a hot bite on a calm summer day!

Attachments

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
It was a wierd bite this afternoon... We searched all over Cleveland from 28-50fow and didn't see any marks anywhere and the radio was silent. Finally ended up in 30' straight out from the Edgewater fishing pier. No marks here either, but it was close to the ramp. Then around 7pm a thick line of fish about 12' down appeared. I reeled my rig up and watched it on the screen, when I got to the marks I had a fish on, a Perch! In the next 90 minutes we boated nearly one ticket of decent 9"ers. Crazy them being only 12' down on a hot day like this.

Also got to see the Coast Guard bring in a couple they rescued from a jet ski accident. There were two ambulances, three cop cars and a fire truck waiting! The man was walking away, but the female was strapped to a strecher. Hope it turned out well for them...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Triton, nice meeting you at Shines. My son wanted to look for you later, but we never saw you again.

We kept 17. We found some fish right on the bottom in 41.5 FOW, but the bite was really slow. Found some fish at 11am, but has to leave early to get the trialer fixed,

We caught 1 gobie, and no sheephead and no other just fish. Strange.

I hope your daughter had fun. Getting ready to leave again in 10 minutes.

I got this from my son just before we pulled anchor -"Dad, 2 things for you - 1 thanks for moving so we could catch fish - and two, thanks for taking me fishing". Makes it all worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts