Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was very slow for many people out there on the perch. We ran from Wildwood to Gold Coast fishing 36' to 43' of water and only a handful of perch to show for efforts! We stopped at the gas dock near the Gold Coast for fuel and on our way out, happened to notice a gentleman on the wall pull up a double! The finder' was lit up! We decided to stop and fish and it was well worth it! We were in 17-18' of water and killing the perch! No monsters with most fish averaging 8" with about 30 between 10-11". I had few throwbacks and our boat managed 5 tickets in an hour and a half! I never thought I would be fishing 17' of water for perch in July but it happened! My fathers boat "Fishinator" which is a 22.5' Crestliner may have been noticed by some of you in this spot. LOTS of boat traffic there! The more boats coming by = faster action for us!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Have heard/seen a number of perch reports lately in less than 30 fow. For some reason, some fish seem to be staying shallow this yr.

Guessing they were someplace near the edgewater ramp freyed.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could be a little off on my area description. There is a gas dock just West of the Cuyahoga in the marina. From what I understand, the Gold Coast is just slightly West of this marina. I am only going off of what my uncle is telling me so somebody please correct me if I am wrong about naming the location. All I know is the perching was slow elsewhere and hot hot in that 17' of water just outside the marina! Yes the perch seem to be shallower than usual from my limited experience in the past 12 years. I typically fish around 72nd and Bratenal without ever having to travel outside of that area. We were moving around and just happened onto the "new territory" and lucked out!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Edgewater Marina has a gas dock. It is just east of the Goldcoast and west of the Cuyahoga river. It is in the marina to the right of the boat ramps.
Price Sunday 7/10 were $4.26 gal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Same for me on Saturday. Ran all over looking for the fish, packs fishing but nothing on the finder. Stopped at an old spot 17' of water in from the 72 st light house, again finder full, pulled a bunch of good fish, no tickets but fun none the less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts