Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me and walleye slayer headed out this morning,we had lines by 6:30. Our first fish by 7:15 caught on a char/purple harness in 23 fow. Then the white bass attacked till about 9am. We caught 2 more in 22-24 fow around the same location. Both came on a bn blue prism# 800 reef runner 45 back,had a pink panties and a bn day muffin same depth with no takers on those colors except a couple big cats. Headed in about 1pm and chatted with a ranger who wanted to take our picture for some PR thing they were doing. For being relatively new at this i think we had a good trip. Thanks all you ogfer's that have helped me, you guys know who you are
oh i cant give you the speed cause i don't have a sensor yet.

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
Thanks all you ogfer's that have helped me, you guys know who you are
oh i cant give you the speed cause i don't have a sensor yet.
Russ, even a cheaper hand-held GPS will give you your speed down to .1 mph--and it will be very much more accurate than any "sensor"!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Russ, even a cheaper hand-held GPS will give you your speed down to .1 mph--and it will be very much more accurate than any "sensor"!
Yup,already on top of it! Im pretty good at estimates and i'd say we were at or just above 2 mph today.
Say does anyone know if they sell hand held gps units with lake contour maps on em or able to install them.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Great job on the fish and yes I belive you can put the chip in a hand held unit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Russ I have a Garmin eTrex GPS. There are various models the least expensive is the black and white about 85 bucks. There are better models and I have the eTrex Vista. Works great for me on the water or land for hiking. Shows speed, coordinates and much other useful info. You can mark spots, routes too. Being a hand held I can take it anywhere I go.

The one thing you need to do is check which map comes with a model. There are base maps and more detailed ones.

Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
I use a garmiin csx60 with lake maps, streets and topos installed. I have a mount in the boat and a 12volt plug for it and love it. I use it for my hunting trips to tenn. and out west also. The software is also on my computer so I can download to and from it to the computer screen. I have made two years worth of maps on my computer that I update on the gps before I go back out from reports here and tips from friends. Ill snap a pic.

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts