close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

going to lake hodgson, need some help

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by LJACKSON36, Aug 7, 2007.

1. LJACKSON36

LJACKSON36 Angler For Life

hi ladies and gentlemen,
    i will be heading out to lake hodgson this friday and taking my girlfriend and her son to rent a boat and drift around the lake and i was just wondering how the fishing has been there. i hear that they stock it with walleyes, catfish, and bass. but how good is the fishing really. i have heard mixed reports over the years but i am going experience it myself. thought i woiuld ask some of the experts here that fish the lake on a regular basis. dont want to get my hopes up too high and have a big let down and i would like to get my girlfriend's son into fishing and it helps if they are catching them. you guys know how it is. not catching fishthen throw rocks. :p

2. Hello LJACKSON36
    What type of fishing do you want to do? The panfish and bass have been very good. The walleye fishing as I've stated are hit and miss! But they can be very nice in size? I'm sure others here that fish for other species at Hodgson can give you info. on how the fishing is? But one thing I can tell you, Hodgson has a great forage base for the potential of some very big fish! Plenty of shad and other minnows and crayfish! Hodgson is stocked with trout every year, They did stock smallmouths in there this year as well? Boat rentals are $16.00, Any other info. You can call Hodgson at 330-296-6004?
    Feel free to ask me, If you need anything else?

Tom

3. Hodgson is an awesome place. Good shore access points. This time of yr, think low and slow with small baits. Tightline crawlers and anything else you like for cats if sitting still.

With a kid....wear tennies and shorts, light weight shoulder bag.....and take him wading close to shore. Pinman under a bobber with wax worms or maggots.

Jackson.....weren't we suppose to fish together last yr?

PM me if you need more info.

4. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

5. LJACKSON36

LJACKSON36 Angler For Life

thanks for all the info guys. Bob, i think we were supppose to go out for some eyes but we never got things together. how have the fish been treating you this year.