Going to AEP Saturday September 1st...

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JignPig Guide, Aug 31, 2007.

1. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Wish me luck guys. I'll be fishing with my brother-in-law going after some big ones. Maybe this steady weather pattern will help.
    If you see a couple of guys with rugged good looks and lots of charm, that won't be us. We'll be the ugly assed guys fishing out of my 14-foot V-bottom (hopefully) catching and releasing several four & five pound bass. I'll be driving a teal step-side Ford F-150.
    Ha Ha

Jig-N-Pig out...

2. gf319804

gf319804 The Ohio Outdoors

I can't believe you guys are fishing on college football saturday! haha Hope you guys do well, let us all know. I'm making a trip up there for a day or two mid week next week.

3. I might take a trip out there this up coming week also any advice on where to start? I've only been there once and fished just one pond. What day/day's are you going gf319804. it would be nice to meet up with someone who has fished there before.

4. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

We fished from 6:00 A.M. until about 1:00 P.M.. Didn't do too bad but we didn't do as well as we wanted. We each caught about seven or eight but only three of these were decent. The rest were all dinks. We never did find a specific pattern. We caught them on Jig-N-Pig/crankbait/spinner. Most in the deeper water, but some in the shallows by the weeds. Heaviest one about 2-1/2 pounds. Can't brag.

Hit two other reservoirs in Perry County and I only caught one in each of these and fished till dark. My arm is about to fall off! The water was crazy low, and something happened to the weeds over the last week. It looks like they've died off.

Jig-N-Pig...

5. gf319804

gf319804 The Ohio Outdoors

shadow, I'm probably gonna head up tuesday morning and see how the fishing is. That will be the deciding factor as to whether or not I stay. Let me know if you can go. Maybe we can meet up.