close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Going Out Tuesday Evening

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by PoleSnatcher, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Heading out to the farm Tuesday evening for the first hunt of the season. Hopefully we atleast see someting!

2. That first hunt of the season is always full of excitement and anticipation for me. Hope you see a shooter. :D

3. Good luck Pole. I went out this morning but was foggy. I left around 9:30 and didn't see a thing.................Rich

4. I should have went out this morning but I didn't. Leaveing in about 3 or 4 hours and hunting till dark. Just came back in from shooting the target and man my arm is red and welting up. For some reason I been smacking it alot this year. Broadhead flight seems A-OK, now if I could only get the dern thing sighted in correctly. Probbly purchasing a new bow next week though so I'll see if they will give me a hand sighting it as I never have quite figured it out. I usually shoot high right and my sight is adjusted all the way down and left and I still shoot high right. Bottom pin dropped all the way down is close to being right on at 15yds

5. nadda zero zilch

not a sight or sound

6. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I don't think your pins are a problem, it is how you anchor yoour trigger hand and the sight line you use looking at the pins. Do you have a peep sight?

7. Moving the pin to the left forces your shot right, moving down forces your shot up. You said you are shooting high right? If so you should need to move your pin toward where your shot went, right and up. I may be misunderstanding your statement here but thought I would mention it anyway. I hope this helps clear the problem up.

As far as string slap, that is usually caused by either poor form or a drawlength which is too long. Your front elbow may be overextending, almost like a hyperextension. Or if the draw length is too long you tend to pull the bow too much across your body as opposed to out in front of you more. This is something that either a archery shop or another experienced shooter should be able to help point out easily. However, if it is that the drawlength is too long, it will require either a change of cams if the bow will take them or a different bow.

Good luck to you.

8. i was hyperextending my elbow. The draw length is not too long it is a 27" If I rember right I masure a 28". I am going to get a peep sight set up when I purchase my new bow, hopefully this week