Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering if there was any good pointers or go to lures lately out at west branch....Danadelman and I are heading out to jig and troll.....just wondering if there was a side better than the other...I haven't been out in awhile so any help would be great.....we would be willing to meet up with anybody out there that morning.....we will prolly try for walleye or muskie....either would be great....any help is much appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
:B If I were going out I would start trolling down the East end and hit as many points as I could , Id troll to the dam and back up the other side, But as I said thats me. With out all those yahoos with there big powerful boats and jet ski"s , that is the end I would do. I have done that in the past and caught a lot of nice fish, Muskies, northerns, Walleye, and Saugeye. Good Luck. :C GOOD FISHING GUYS :G

·
geomichaelpk
156 Posts
Love2Troll, try like CRAPPIE LOVER said. Hit the Dam hard (east end). Begin on the North side and work your way South jigging/casting to the shoreline. Suggest using pink headed jigs (3/8 ounce) tipped with chartruese (ZOOM
rubber tails). Check out our post titled: Early Spring Action - April 2007 (dated 4/29/07). Good Luck.
geomichaelpk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heck ya...thanks for all the help....i was thinking the dam side...hopefullly we'll hook up with some monsters....thanks again...i'll post results

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

After a long day trying for walleye and muskie it payed off....After trying everything from jigs,cranks, and spinners both casting and trolling i finally decided to start flippin for bass in jay lake with a YUM tube.....right away within half hour hooked up with two nice bass.....and then came this guy to tend the day...i was very impressed with thosetubes...nice presentation and the pike slammed it.....it definately made up for the early frustration..

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
:B

After a long day trying for walleye and muskie it payed off....After trying everything from jigs,cranks, and spinners both casting and trolling i finally decided to start flippin for bass in jay lake with a YUM tube.....right away within half hour hooked up with two nice bass.....and then came this guy to tend the day...i was very impressed with thosetubes...nice presentation and the pike slammed it.....it definately made up for the early frustration..
:B Great job Love2Troll I knew you would hook into something that would give you a zing, I hit a small bay down in that area and hooked into a 33 in. Northern and a 21 incher just bobber fishing for crappie, and that was fun ,that was last week. I know how much fun you had landing that fish, again GREAT JOB. :C GOOD FISHING GUYS :G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts