close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Going out of buisness

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Fish4Fun, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Hay guys just a heads up i haven't stoped yet but a buddy told me that he saw the going out of buisness sign hanging up at Hunters Headquarters in condit over by sunbury. Said 25% off may want to keep an eye on them. They do have some nice hunting stuff not much fishing. Hate to see them close up.

2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I sure hope your wrong Jerry . I am supposed to go there next Thursday and talk to Barry about some things .

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i don't know for sure phil just what a co worker told me he saw on the way to work hopefully its not so and the signs for something else. I will try to swing in and investigate on the way to work tomorrow.

4. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

Sorry guys it is true they are closing up shop I was up there the Fri. before the sports show

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

6. That will continue to happen as everyone heads for the discount stores. How many times have you heard complaints about the poor selection at the large stores or how the reel that was bought at Wal-Mart can't be repaired cause the parts are different?
    I do most of my fishing purchasing at an independent store, The Rodmakers Shop, as they are local and carry quality items and will special order for you at very competitive prices. In most case's their prices are less than Cabelas for first line goods. The few extra bucks spent at local shops is usually worth the information you can aquire from them.

7. I agree Shortdrift. I always try to patronize the little guy, even if it costs a few bucks more. They will tell you what lures and other items are moving and why.

8. I always patronize local shops when fishing an area,as we follow the eyes around the lake.The idea of a local vendor if a problem occurs and gives you a more direct approach to resolve or expedite warranty,try to explain a defective drag with the fill in girl from health and beauty in a large chain for example.Many times i will buy extra hot patterns,jets,dipsys or who knows what to establish a relationship of giving not just taking and it seems top pay off in tips and info.Try to buy that at walmart.

9. are they still open?

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i have been by there a cpl times they are out of buisness doors are closed as far as i can tell....

11. yea, I went by yesterday and saw ply-wood behind the doors.