Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well if i dont sleep in tonight im going to try nima,again tonight but this time with out the boat going into the flooded timber swamp area hope to nail my limit this time there there just last time to hard to find them got new lights and waders;im gigggie ready look out green monsters,markfish

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,056 Posts
well if i dont sleep in tonight im going to try nima,again tonight but this time with out the boat going into the flooded timber swamp area hope to nail my limit this time there there just last time to hard to find them got new lights and waders;im gigggie ready look out green monsters,markfish
ok ill bite,,,, wat are u sayin'lol by the way, no need to sleep in

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well ezbite i sleep till 11.30 got out to nima, and they were everwere but there hard to see for some dane reason there in the under brush and not sitting out in the water,i had planty of large ones but there were smart sitting in 6 foot of swamp coulden get glose to them they take off,then i nailed a few went to another spot and there were frogs everywere but again hard to find,but i got 3 monsters in there and 4 medium size and plenty of missis,total 10 lost 4 got out of my sack,so i need a better way to string them i seen in your video you you used like zips ,you need to head over here one night there are tons of frogs there and i have barley cover the lake,just and the 3 large were biggggg,no sh t, i wish i had a pole that would ajust to long to short, well i be at it again soon, markfish

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,056 Posts
glad you got some, sounds like a good night to me. you dont need 15 to have a good night. ive come home with 7,8 frogs myself and thought it was a good night.

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your right but it bugs me knowing there so maney there and i cant get them eats at me so im going again tonight im no pro but i wont give up till i get them dialed in i want a good batch to cook up for me and my dad,he will love that, all are welcome to stick some ,will let ya know how it goes,markfish

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,056 Posts
east canton huh? we still got a lot of summer left, if you'd like some company one night im sure i can make my way over there. pm me if your really interested, i might even bring my camera:D.

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it only took a bit over 3 hour to bag my limit tonight, broke one of the tins off on 2nd frog then a nother hour later but two woorked good to seal the deal so it time for a new one and a brighter head lamp but it was fast and fun now its time for the frog leg cook off that should make my dad happy he loves that wild game,so do i,well thats it till i get reset on new gear and sunday skiter sunday to bust some bass,markfish

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
I did pretty good tonight at a small swamp. No bullfrogs, all green frogs. The rain was nice. It kept me cool and rained steady enough to keep the mosquitoes away. I got my 15 frog limit in around 2 hours. 12-14" and a few smaller ones. I'm going to fry them up tomorrow. I just got an LED MagLite from Lowes and man did that do the trick! Good luck to all you frog giggers tonight.

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
well i glad you got yours ya the rain felt good i hid under a big tree for a few during the down poor then back to gigging,i went to gander to traid in my leaking frog toggs to get new free ones and picked up a new led headlamp with 45 lumens think that will be better or should have i got bigger.but i tried it on and it feels good light weight and much smaller than my old one it has high and bright and red light settings,welcome to the swamps boys,o ya by the way gander dont have any giggers so dont wast a trip i picked up to 3 prong cheepys at dicks thats all they had will get a bigger and better one when i find them,markfish

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
Ha! I hid under a tree too! I'll have to pass along that Dicks has frog gigs to a buddy. He drove all over last night looking for one. Thanx

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well gander is out here in north canton and found to 3 prong by eagle claw was putting one on testerday and the dame tin broke off in my hand so i put the 2nd ond on and know it wont last a night what junk we got to work with,bass pro has good ones but i dont want to place a 6 doller order,this china junk gets me pis;;ed off,yes ezbit i will buy one of your used ones i know there better that what i had to buy,

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well if all works out tonight me and ezbite are trying to put together a get together and do some gigging and mabey try to make a u-tube video never did it but he has the know how,waiting to here from him now and we will goto nima,and get-er-done i hope and if he cant make it im going forsure,gig

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well tom couldent make it so i went out to nima, again with my new cheep 3 tin gig and missed tons of biggg frogs i eather need to mount a scope on my pole,or find a pellet gun and shoot the in the head them thigs are out smarting me i get with in 12 feet of them and they jump .but i did find 15 dumb ones but not the monsters i keep missing,i going to put my thinking cap on and out smart them,one way or the other i going to get there jumpping a,,and the new light worked pretty good but now wish i would have went with the 65lumens ,had a muskrat come up and say hi to scared the shi, out of me, still lots of frogs there might go out tonight with firstflight111,aka,cucumber,over by his place by berlin will try from the boat this trip,

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i went with firstflight111 around hid neck of the woods dident do to go but there in there by the tons but its full of 4 foot tall lillys and we could hear the monsters way out in the middle but went set up for that,so we are working on a new plan for next weekend were going to put sone boats in there and push are way out to the middle were it opens up it a beaver swam and them big tall pads are just to tall and thick to walk in but we did get some,well i head to nima tonight and try to get all the pigs i missed the last 2 outings

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i hade a good time my self and you got some nice kids,will try ti get them out again, just got up sleep 6 hours

·
Frinks Run Taxidermy
141 Posts
I gig alot and recently bought a gig from SBT Outdoors (pretty sure that's the name); they were featured in Field & Stream an issue or two back. $17 which I was not happy about plus shipping but it is an awesome gig. The tines are super sturdy, long and sharp. I've hit it on multiple logs and rocks with no bending or breaking. You can also buy replacement tines. A buddy and me are up to about 90 frogs together this season and and almost all were taken with the new gigs.

·
d{>_
519 Posts
Anyone know the regs on using a bow for frogs?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Markfish, I wanted a pole just like you said, one I could extend. I went to lowes and got a paint roller handle that is about 5'8" collapsed and can open to 10' it is aluminum so it's light, set me back about $13 but the reach is worth it.

InlandKid

1 - 20 of 27 Posts