goin to east branch sunday

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rbrtalbright, Aug 1, 2008.

1. takin my boy any suggestions trolling drifting casting?

2. This is your first post....welcome to OGF. Hang out here for a while and a lot of helpful info will come your way.

Sending you a PM about East Branch.

3. Just exactly where is East Branch?!$

4. WPM

WPM

rbrtalbright,
    If you go north past the islands, you will see a shallow bay on the east side of the lake, just north of that there is deep water right along the shore that often holds crappies - one or two drifts with minnows or beetle spins should tell you if they are there. That area ends in a productive submerged point that is the southern border of a large two-lobed bay that has always been good for crappies and sunfish (tiny tubes or jigs retrieved behind a bobber to avoid the snags). Right across the lake is another bay that is usually worth a try with bass lures.
    Really pretty lake (when the water isn't way down). Good luck - and please post the results of your trip!

WPM

5. just got back from east branch, what a beautiful body of water. didnt catch a thing but had a great time.

6. That is still my favorite lake over-all, tons of good memories there. How is the water level out there? I drove past Ladue the other day and it looked to be at full pool.

7. would i be correct in saying why would you wanna waste your time at east branch???????? when they let all the water out didnt pretty much all the fish disappear also? it is a really nice looking place... but looks can be decieving. :confused:

8. My advice about East Branch- Don't go. Unless you want 4-6in crappie & white bass or you live real close.. There may be a few cats left- but good luck. Last year the lake was so low... you couldn't SEE any water from 322- just a field of weeds.
    Last year, ODNR wanted to put fish structures in the lake but the city of Akron wouldn't allow it. They simply don't care about the fish.