close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Go FishIN !!! Maybe Ohio might do this too ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrfishohio, Sep 1, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Sept./Oct. Go FishIN workshops
    -----------------------------------------
    Learning about aquatic resources is fun
    -------------------------------------------

The Department of Natural Resources' Go FishIN education program is offering free workshops to Hoosiers interested in using sport fishing to teach youngsters about resource conservation.

Sept./Oct. Go FishIN workshops:
    ---------------------------

-Sept. 9, Patoka Lake, Birdseye
    -Sept. 14, Upland -Sept. 17, Versailles
    -Oct. 14, Gene Stratton Porter Historical Site, Rome City

All workshops run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
    --------------------------------------------

"The training is for anyone interested in teaching and sharing fishing with their local youth groups, school or community organizations," said Go FishIN coordinator Amanda Wuestefeld. "People interested in fishing and the environment, especially educators, are invited to attend."

The program offers textbooks, loaner educational equipment and fishing equipment for volunteers to use in their community.

Go FishIN fits easily into elementary, middle and high school classes, including biology, chemistry, math, language arts, and social studies.

Workshops are offered at various Indiana locations throughout the year. Class sizes are limited and reservations are required.

For information, reservations, workshop hours and directions, contact the Natural Resources Education Center at 317-562-1338 or
    http://www.in.gov/dnr/nrec/

----------------------------
    Media contact:
    Amanda Wuestefeld
    Go FishIN coordinator,
    317-549-0206
    ----------------------------

2. Actually, I'm working with ODNR to put on an event like this next year during the "free fishing weekend". I'll be posting details later. We need to get through the Hawg Fest first, but yes, one of our goals here is to put on seminars, workshops, whatever, to help people with their fishing and give back.

I am also going to schedule a few in-person chats about this site, how to use it as a resource, and general fishing info, at Gander Mountain this Fall. I'll let you guys know the where's and when's later on.