close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Go Dale Jr!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by rockbass, Oct 3, 2004.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Well I did not see yet anyone post on the race, so I will. Way to go Dale Jr!

I know you Gordon guys don't like to see it, but what the hell! :p

Oh yeah did anyone see the post race interview where he some lame excuse of why he did not make it up front?? What a baby! :D ;) Had to get you guys goin!

2. The old man was smiling from above at Jr. the way he ran those last laps.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I hear ya there! I only got to watch the last 7 laps, but got to hear the rest of it here and there. I thought Jr and Stewart were gonna go 1 2 there at the end till #20 went below did not have any help

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I guess it is better to be Lucky than good. ;)

Go Gordon!

5. dip

dip dip

2nd point is that he has to be disappointed with #8 because he FAILED to put anyone in the wall. oh excuse me, LOOSEN THEM UP :eek: what a DIRTY driver #3 was. just my opinion, nuttin personal said bout any other OGF members.

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

jr. made my day :cool:
    he ran those last several laps like the champ he is.
    jack,he ain't lucky..................just great,like his daddy was.
    dip,don't matter if "ironhead" was lookin' or not,but if he was,he sure wasn't disappointed to see the kid do it again.
    and #3 wasn't dirty,he was just the best damned driver that ever was.sorry you "un"earnhardt fans are blind :rolleyes:

ps.................if i'd stayed in the game,he'd have been the 2nd best :D ;)

7. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

I drew Lucky1 in the pool. Arrgghhhh!!! I,m back in the hole again! :eek:
    AARRGGHHHH!!! Looks like it baloney sammichs this week! AARRGGHHH!!! :mad: Raider(.)(.)

8. flathunter

I knew Dips post would Draw Rick out of hiding :D

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Yeah #8 must be all luck and no talent. I mean how else would a driver do so good?? I mean it is obvious that the other drivers just let him win. :rolleyes: ;) No wonder he is in the top. Or for those who think so, he is only there because of his name. On the real side of it, you prob could not find much of a better guy. Not stuck up like other drivers. And does not let his name take over who he really is.

I did not get into Nascar until #3 died really. What I have heard about him is that he would make some contact and what not. To me though, that is racing. I mean if it were the way #24 wanted it, (everyone moving out of his way to let him win) that would be no fun. :)

10. Big E was a rough driver for years before most people got into NASCAR. He put alot of people into the wall and made alot of people mad. But he won and he was a rebel type. He started changing his style when he got really popular and that was a good thing. He may have been dirty but he was also good.

11. Jeff Gordon will end up winning it all. Besides, Dale Jr. did a verbal Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction when being interviewed after the race. Thanks to Dale Jr, NBC will probably get fined and the races will be put on few seconds delay to prevent foul language. Hopefully NASCAR officials will hand down severe punishment to Dale Jr. for his gutter language. They should strip him of the victory.

12. flathunter

Yes, they may take away points for Jr for his use of bad words on an interview

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

moved thread over to the sports area. I even forget we have this area at times. Nascar races coming up should get interesting with the new rules it will be interesting to see how it all plays out this yr. Some good drivers in the top 10. Little E's growing on me.

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL,jack :D
    yep,pickin' on jr. is like pickin' on one of my own kids :eek: ;)

ps..................i'm not condoning his little "slip",but i don't think it can be compared to jackson flashing the world :rolleyes:

15. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Yeah fine him for doing what 99.9%of what most people would do. Hell, kick him out of Nascar so #24 can win all the time. OOOPPPPssss I just said hell! Now I should be fined??? Dumb if you ask me. Big deal. He was excited. I would have done the same. I know most other people would to! Now, I bet if #24 would have said twice as much, it would have been ok. OR, let me guess, he is too classy of a man to have said any of that. :rolleyes: He just complains and makes excuses for not winning. No matter who wins, someone else will have a reason to complain and knock down that person. Sounds like some people just don't have a clue. Nobody wins because they are good, they only win because they have money or have a name, or whatever lame excuse someone can make up! :D It is a shame people can't appreciate talent when they see it! :D I mean, I don't like Jeff Gordon, but I can say he is a hell of a driver. Even if he would be on TV saying that ain't ****! :rolleyes: ;)

16. I have emailed NASCAR and I hope, if others join in, that Dale Jr will be stripped of his victory and/or banned from the upcoming race. NASCAR, as well as the FCC, has to draw the line somewhere, if severe action is not taken, then the language will only get worse.

17. Flathunter, thanks for the link. I hope NASCAR doesn't let Dale Jr. off easy because he is the favorite of the rednecks.

18. That's about the most assinine thing I've ever heard. :rolleyes: I'm sure they'll file that right where it belongs. By the way, is there something wrong with being a redneck?

19. flathunter

GMR Guy, you are cracking me up!..Guys he is just trying to get your goat...LOL...I hate Earnhardt as much as the next person, but I dont really think what he said was all that bad..But if they want to take points away that is fine with me!