Ohio Game Fishing banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
buckeye fan for over 40 years, it appears they are under maned, out coached and when faced with a good defense fields plays like a deer in the headlights....oh well

·
Registered
415 Posts
We got outcoached, period. Our "players" didn't come to play apparently either. Sure, losing Sermon on the first offensive play changed a lot of our gameplan I am sure. Teague showed he's just an average college running back as he has in prior games. Day got taken to SCHOOL in the play-calling department. Let's just play off Smith by 10-15 yards and let him catch and carry his way to a first-half record in terms of yardage, yeah that was brilliant. And why in the world would we play a 4-4 defense nearly all night long when we haven't played a 4-4 from what I can recall at all this year. Sure, let' get a linebacker on Smith, that makes a lot of sense.

It's disgusting. Alabama came to play and win, we didn't.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Let's not forget the obvious, Alabama is a better team, with better players, with superior speed. Both ND and the Bucks looked much slower against Bama. Olave is a good receiver and will have a good NFL career. Smith is a one of kind receiver. However he might need some more mass on his body to survive the NFL.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,085 Posts
Buckeyes had a great season especially when you consider that they nearly didn't have one at all. Alabama has an explosive offense, and maybe last year's Buckeye defense could have stayed with them. This year's guys didn't get a chance to develop. Also, Smith for Bama is a special talent! He should have been double teamed and checked at the line every play! Also, Harris had a monster game even though we put 4 LB's on the field often! Crazy!

They were the better team. Hats off to Bama for another championship. Just wasn't our year, but at least these kids avenged last year's loss to Clemson that the refs stole from us!

·
Administrator
9,341 Posts
Buckeyes had a great season especially when you consider that they nearly didn't have one at all. Alabama has an explosive offense, and maybe last year's Buckeye defense could have stayed with them. This year's guys didn't get a chance to develop. Also, Smith for Bama is a special talent! He should have been double teamed and checked at the line every play! Also, Harris had a monster game even though we put 4 LB's on the field often! Crazy!

They were the better team. Hats off to Bama for another championship. Just wasn't our year, but at least these kids avenged last year's loss to Clemson that the refs stole from us!
Add the loss of two key defensive lineman to that equation.

What happened to the offensive line? They seemed quiet and allowed Fields to be harassed often.

Sometimes you get beat. happy to see that the refs played no part in the outcome.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Add the loss of two key defensive lineman to that equation.

What happened to the offensive line? They seemed quiet and allowed Fields to be harassed often.

Sometimes you get beat. happy to see that the refs played no part in the outcome.
I can answer what happened to the offensive line BAMA"S D they are AWESOME

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
BEING A BAMA FAN SINCE I WAS LITTLE I CAN GLOAT ROLL TIDE ROLL

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i think fields needs to come back for his senior season to hone his skills, i know the allure of big money and getting to the next level is there but he needs to be the complete package when he leaves osu. i dont want to see him go down the same road as smith, pryor, barrett, jones, and haskins, i think he is better than those guys and he needs to work hard to proove it

141 - 154 of 154 Posts