close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gmr??

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Flathead King 06, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

Anyone been out since we've been having the "heatwave?" I was reading in the March or April issue of Ohio Outdoor Newspaper that there's a guy who fishes the muskingum river in march for flats... he uses cut gills or live goldfish and catches quite a few this time of year... so I guess my point to this is if anyone has heard of anyone catching any flats, or if the channels are biting yet

2. Right now in the Muskigum would be perfect if the water levels were good,But.Its still pretty high

3. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

I havent been on the GMR yet, when I get the opprotunity the water levels are usually too high. I know the channels are biting....theyre always biting. But, as for flats...not sure. Maybe Mellon or Dink or Salmonid will chime in.

4. Flathead King 06

Ryan...want to get out on the water sometime this weekend?

5. Over the last 2 weeks me and Dinkbuster (at different times) have been sporting flathead rods over the Channel rods and we are still batting 100% or 0%, whichever, havent seen one yet. Been using cut bait mostly, today I tried an early season spot that has been good in the past and all I got was a nice 7.5 Lb channel On Sunday me and Dink really found the channels stacked up, probably took about 20 together with Mike getting most of them but I got a 8.5 lb fish that day so been getting some nice ones, all on frozen or fresh cut shad.

Water levels have been making it tough to decide where to go and now the river is dropping fast, and thats no good for any fishing species.

Salmonid

6. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

thinking about getting out this week not sure tho, if all else fails i will hit the stillwater for channels

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Don't know about the Flatheads in the GMR, but I'd sure like to pick up a couple 20 pounders this weekend in West Virgina! :)

8. Flathead King 06

thanks guys, just wondering if anyone had been targeting flats yet and having any luck.... guess I better make it that way for some channels and hopefully a flat will be hungry

9. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

We can, its gonna be cold again but im sure we could pick up a few channels. just give me a buzz. im free on sat and sun (with a lil advanced notice)