close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR with mellon

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by pendog66, Sep 7, 2005.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

Mellon and i decided to check out a new spot on the GMR tonight. We were there for about an hour. It looks like the depth is about 10 to 14ft and is full of snags. Mellon had a couple of bites on shad it didn't really take it. But when he reeled in his line the stomach of the shad was chewed all to hell. But I had the only real bite tonight. I was fishing with a creek chub that was about 4 inches. I tossed out next to a tree that was in the water infront of us. It sat there for about 5 minutes. When Mellon and i watched a rock fly over our heads into the water. Some kid threw it in from behind us. About 20 seconds later my rod sounded off ripping out drag. I set the hook and felt him. The line jammed around the spool and got stuck. THis fish felt like i was trying to pull a log off the bottom he wouldn't come up. When i finally untangled the reel he threw the hook. I can only wonder how big he was. It will probaly keep me up all night. But overall this spot has potential to house big flatheads and channels. I will definately be making a run out there this weekend.

Nate

2. dip

dip dip

WHATTHEHELLDIDYOUDOABOUTTHEJAGOFFTHATTHOWEDAROCKATYOU? :confused:

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Mellon got skunked??? How shocking..It does sound like a great spot..But I dont know if I could fish somewhere if I had rocks thrown at me.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Flatty.... I sent you an email.

5. H2O Mellon

I think we really only fished for about 25 minutes. Yes 25 minutes, basically I just wanted to go & chekc this spot out. I dont think we were fishing until 8PM & we were on the road by 8:45PM. I had to leave before dark becasue I had my six year old & the spot we were fishing was going to be a bear to get up. In fact I'd say that I'd be divorceed if my wife knew just where I took him at! Actually it was a very ba dparenting idea to even take him there, but he did great, as usual.

I dont think the rock was thrown at us, but was thrown by someone above us, in fact I dont think anyone could even see us where we were at. I doubt many out there would be willing to chuck a rock at me or my kid if we were face to face, but just in case...... I thorw back, but with lead & I don't mean a sinker. !@ ;)

6. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

I can't believe I overthrew that rock by that much...

7. H2O Mellon

That's okay, my aim is much better than most people's rock throwing ability ;)

8. pendog66

nah, i would just flat out start throwing rocks back, or find whoevers doin it and beat the hell out of them

9. pendog66

Hey flathunter you should come up sometime and fish

10. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

I have done that before too while fishing the Hocking River. Some Kids thinks its funny, But those rocks would do some damage if they hit you, So I throw them back with force or go after them on foot. :D
    Cat Mazter

11. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

with my cat like speed and reflexes, you'd never catch me.

12. H2O Mellon

But only a coward would do something like & run. Are you saying your a coward? :confused:

13. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

I'm taking heat from a guy who doesn't bring any bait when he goes catfishing :p

14. H2O Mellon

Bait? Man where have you been, I can actucally throw a cast net now..... Well Sort Of!!! :D