close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR--West Carrollton

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by HOTTFINGER, May 25, 2007.

1. Fished the pool above the dam on Tues and again today. Tues we had 11 keepers, mixture of LM and SM. Biggest SM was 16-17 inches. Today I fished alone and had 6 keeper bass and a 13 inch crappie. The biggest today was a SM that was 17-18 inches. As I pulled him to the surface another SM came to the top--apparently trying to take the lure out of his mouth. Lack of rain has made the river very fishable for this time of year. Usually heavy rains in May keep the river pretty messed up. There are lots of frey this year, so key on them when searching for bass.

2. TommyV

TommyV tommyv

Where can you put a small boat in there?
    TommyV

3. Those are some good size fish. Was wondering what you caught them with?

4. There is a ramp off East River Rd in Moraine and one in West Carrollton. The river is navigable for app 3 miles north of the WC ramp. I'd stay away this weekend with a smaller boat. There will be quite a few idiots on jet and water skis.

I used Chatter Baits, Crank Baits, Spinner Baits, Shakey Head Worms and Senkos.

5. I have been having the same success in Hamilton. This dry weather has really made for some good fishing. My buddy and I caught probably 40 smallmouth the other night, and 13 or so were over 15". It has been great for several weeks now.

Congrats on the nice fish HOTTFINGER

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

7. Ill second what Mellon said, and add that about at any time you could run into a heard of jetskiers and pleasure wakeboarders blasting there music while buzzing past you at 60 mph... That place gets more pressure then Lake Erie...

Salmonid

8. i will third that! pleasure boaters are very dangerous in that stretch. imagine a bunch of "mentally challenged" 5 year olds behind the wheels of a fleet of 200+hp ski boats, yeah its that bad:( . that river is only approx 60-80 yards wide, way too small to be acting stupid.