close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gmr - Wc

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Jackfish, May 22, 2004.

1. Took my daughter out to try for some cats - hit the river about 4 & fished until sun up. 1st spot we tried didnt pan out. We moved up just above the boat ramp & she managed to pull in 2 channels, the 1st about 2lb & the 2nd just over 5 (her biggest fish yet!).

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Congrats on her new PB. I drove over the gmr today, wow what an awsome looking river.

3. My daughter also got her personal best channel cat from the GMR. She caught it a couple of years ago and it was 25.5" long - just a half inch short of getting a Fish Ohio certificate. It sure put a smile on her face.

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

What parts of the GMR do you guys fish? I've went over it a few times, and just about everywhere I've seen it its HUGE!

5. I don't know very many spots yet, so I fish below the dam at West Carrollton. I had my best night for numbers on Saturday, but I'm not sure why. I was out for about 2 1/2 hours and caught 10 channels, from 2-6.5lbs. I used smaller hooks than normal, didn't have time to catch bait & used shrimp, fished close to the bank, & the water was much higher than normal.

So - do they hit better with high water, is it the time of year, or was it the smaller hooks?

GMR guy - what areas do you fish?