close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR, Twin Creek, Paint Creek, Rush Run

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishohio, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Fished GMR and Twin Creek today with no luck. The owner of Twin Baits heard reports that crappie are hiitting at Paint Creek and Rush Run lake. She also reports that the fishing in Twin creek "hasn't started yet". It's going to take a consistent warming trend before the bite starts in the creeks and rivers, although there are some catfish being pulled from GMR. Has anyone fished the spillway at Paint Creek lately?

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I considered going up there a few days ago, but couldn't find anyone to go with me. I friend of mine up there said the fishing is stale at best, aparently a few weeks ago the saugeye bite was really on.

3. I went up to paint creek last week. they were hammering the crappies by the campground. went to the spillway. bunch of guys fishing but only saw two saugeye caught. they were both cigars sized and kept !!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

should be anytime now for it to heat up though..........

harrison

4. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Ok for what reason would someone keep cigar size saugeye??? That is so ate up stupid. I don't usually judge other people but common everyone needs to consider the future of our fisheries.

5. Unfortunately Freeze, anything that Billy Bob and Bubba catch are "good eating size". I see meat hunters almost every fishing trip.

6. A friend of mine has been hitting paint creek hard, he has been fishing up at the lake from the bank. He has been pulling out alot of nice crappie

The eyes have been hitting good all wither at deer creek me and the same friend went up yester day and both caught our 6 keepers. I caught a 9.5" crappie too. The eyes where not all that big (bigger than the crappie) but we got meat off all of them. Just clearing out competition so the rest can get bigger.

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Ask Rustyfish, he is probably the guy you saw taking the 4" fish away. I personally know him and called to gloat about how he quote "was raping the waters."

8. Tom ill have you know that the only eye we caught under 10'' i threw back. all the ones i took were 12 or larger. Now Rich on the other hand will keep anything. The smallest fish we took home friday was the 9.5" crappie.
    I have changed, i dont even use bass for bait anymore, lol. ;)

9. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

But Russ, yesterday you were on the phone with me talking about how you fished strictly as a meat hunter and couldn't care less about the sport of it!

Confused in Cinci,

Fishman

10. i guess i deserve your lies for previous actions of mine, but im afraid that you are starting to buy into your own false stories.