close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR Trip(s) 4/17/05

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 17, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Well, what a day! Planned on getting out around 6am, but my lazy rear was too tired from being :S w/ Flathunter on Sat night, so left around 10AM.

Got to this spot, a new area I found.

[​IMG]

Water was just too shallow, or so I thought. About 30 minutes into it, my clicker went nuts. Rod started bouncing. I was about to pee my pants. Grabbed the rod , set the hook & nothing. Man.... I frgot that I was using circle hooks. So.... put on some more frozen Skipjack. Not much anction other than a tiny, tiny hit every few minutes. So i decided to put on some doughball for carps. Did that and holly cow, it was on. I caught 3 small chaneels, aprox 1-3 pounds each, all within 15 minutes. Then the big one hit. Nearly knocked the rod from the holder, and man, these are real heavy holders. I fought this sucker for 15-20 minutes, giving it everything I had. My arms were tired, I was sweating, just praying the circle hook was in good. Finally got the big dude in. Wow what a cat, ended up weighing........ Na, just kidding, got the usual :S (Jack you & Rhonda can leave now ;) I know you stayed waiting for this post!)

Had a few turtles hit today, It is freaking amazaing what they can do to a bait. Looked like they took my skip & turned it inside out. Fished one new spot & one spot that I've always wanted to fish. Marked these both as "Done-Never will do again"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. H2O Mellon

Managed to loose 5 or 6 rigs. Man, sometimes I hate fishing the GMR.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

sounds like you had a great trip..I will post my results latter arond 10pm, be watching.

4. H2O Mellon

Jack, How much would you charge me room & baord from April 15th through October of every year? :D

Your lucky man...... spots w/in 5 minutes. Good luck tonight, sort of. Hate to see you get a big one, then again hate to see you get skunked, hopefully Rhonda will get them all!

5. dip

dip dip

glad to see you lived up (or down) to our expectations! :S you'll have to slide up to loramie and billy gee-whiz and i will put you on some cats! :B

6. H2O Mellon

Dip, I'm there, just let me know knoe when. I'll show you "LAKERS" how it's done!

7. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

can't wait to get out with ya again mellon!

8. H2O Mellon

Korey,

I'll be out (hopefully) every day this week. Give me a call & hopefully we'll get on some channells.

9. flathunter

Fishing sucks!!!!!!

10. H2O Mellon

When it doesnt go right, I agree buddy. Just think though, we've had some good times in the last couple years. It's been worth it to me, man. Maybe a good day of nothing but Carping would cheer ya up. Whatever I can do just say it! We'll get into them, man I promise. If I win the lottery Jack, we'll be heading down to NC! We'll get the big ones!

11. flathunter

I hope my attitude changes by mid may..But I have been off work the last 3 days and have fished 5 different locations, put in appx 22 hrs, and caught 5 fish, nothing over 6-lbs...I think catching that 50-lb flat a few years ago, ruined me.
    I have enjoyed our time on the water to Bryan, but I blame myself when you have to drive all the way home after taking yet another skunking.

12. H2O Mellon

No way man, dont do that. I would rather drive the 1 20 min (made it quick last night) than to drive 30 min. Hell, we both should have changed spots Sat, neither of us had a good feelign about that one spot. I know I for one was just too tired to change.