close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR tonight!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rooster, Aug 5, 2004.

1. OK, I can’t take it anymore……I have to catch a flathead! I don’t have much time tonight, but I plan to get in a few hours on the GMR. I plan to get some bait at Marsh Park (unless I luck into some shad or gills at a local pond), and head south on River Road until I find a nice place to pull off and fish. Any suggestions on a safe place to find some flats along this stretch of road?

2. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

If you head south from there, you will run into the road closing about a mile down from Marsh Park. Follow the detour to get around it. Just look for cars parked on the side of the road, or obvious pull offs. That will give you a pretty good idea of where to stop. Most places where you can do that is down past P&G. You can also try up towards Hamilton. Pretty much fish anywhere in Hamilton on the banks.

3. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

hehe.. sounds to me like you have an addiction! But... its a healthy one after all :)
    I hope you catch a BIG BIG BIG one!
    Reel Lady (Marcia)

4. there is a place right next to marsh park lake, that produces healthy fish, pm me and I will give you the exact location, its kind of hidden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

5. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

The more people that know of these flathead spots, the more that are caught, the more of a chance of people taking fish out of the river (I've seen it this year) and mostly the more chance of some dimwit doing something stupid and screwing it up for everybody. Especially in this area in particular. Know who you are giving spots away to. No offense to anyone here. :D

6. I agree with Shuvelhed. I have seen this a lot this year also as to the point where one of my favorite spots has become more of an aggrevation than it's worth some nights to fish. I'm all about sharing infomation with people I know I can trust and who will respectfully not be loose lipped to people they don't know. I even ask permission from the guys who have shared info with me if they mind if I pass the info on before I do.